Allow for customization of chat transcript email

I just installed Conversations on our site and am very excited about the prospect of capturing and cookie'ing new leads this way. We had previously used Intercom which is a great service but having the website-chat live inside Hubspot is awesome.

However, the UX has to be way more customizable, like ASAP.

I did a test conversation with myself and receive a chat transcript via email afterward. Some big things that stood out were:

1) The subject line: "Chat transcript on www.prosoundeffects.com/"

What? how about pull "StoreName" or whatever the token is, rather than "URL?" 

2) The "from email": "Jeremy Siegel from mediaspora LLC"

That mediaspora LLC is pulling from our legal business entity name, somewhere deep in the depths of Hubspot registration. Our dba, store, and company name are all "Pro Sound Effects." 

More nice-to-have realm:

3) A "get back in touch" CTA? (You're Hubspot, the CTA masters!).

4) Turn off emailing transcripts to customers entirely, or allow the customer to choose to receive it or not (most websites DO NOT defaultly email you a transcript of the chat).

#1 and #2 could actually hurt our brand and I'm considering deactivating Conversations and putting Intercom back up until these are addressed.

HubSpot updates
4 Replies
MikhailK
Occasional Contributor

That's particularly important for non-English setups. We have just finished large implementation in Russia where everything on a customer-facing side is translated, except this email...

villvuor1
New Contributor

I agree with MikhailK. Being able to translate all possible things when you are not using one of the basic languages is crucial. Like for us too in Finland

mmaddux
Occasional Contributor

Keeping "Conversations" within a team inbox seems important.

Currently, if a representative applies to a chat after a visitor has left the website the visitor will receive an email sent from the representative who replied. If the visitor replies to the chat transcript from within their inbox the conversation becomes a direct one conversation with the representative. This workflow removes the conversation from "Conversations" and defeats the purpose of team support.

cursu
Regular Contributor

Agree with Jeremy on this one. We need the option to turn the emails off if needed. Also the option to customize some of the info would be relly helpful. We only use the chat one one subdomain and the email subsject has this very long and confusing URL