HubSpot Ideas

plau

Allow for chatflows to route conversations to different inboxes

At the moment, chatflows are tied to a specific inbox. This means that if I want to use one chatflow to route the conversation to a different team (e.g. Support/Sales), all the members of both teams need to be in one inbox, which can be messy.

This also means if a conversation is moved into Unassigned, it could belong to either team, so users have to look through each one to see which is relevant to them to pick those up again. 

Permissions-wise as well, some information handled by one of the teams should not be seen by another team either.

The value of using one chatflow instead of two (for two separate inboxes) is that we can place both on one page (our homepage, for example), and visitors can quickly speak with who they want to speak with without having to hunt down the correct chatflow on the correct page first.

HubSpot Updates
October 26, 2021 11:47 AM

Thanks everyone for your upvotes on this idea! I couldn't agree more that having the ability to route chatflows to multiple inboxes is useful in many different cases. While we don't have a timeline for delivering this functionality, it is on our roadmap and we are working to get it prioritized in the future. I will continue to post relevant updates in this thread.

37 Replies
setheryb
Contributor

I second this very much. Or being able to have a chatflow that can route to another chatflow in other inboxes would be helpful as well.

finn
Top Contributor

+1

Akinn005

+1

tap1on

+1

The_Marketer

+1

Not only we can't route specific chatflow branches to a given inbox but also we can't even update the inbox we want the communications from a chatflow to be directed. If a chatflow is initially connected to the main inbox, I can select a different inbox later on. The only workardound is to copy the chatflow and connect it to the other inbox.

MeikaB
Participant | Diamond Partner

This is essential 

JDeLorenzo

Essential to using HS across the board. We use Marketing, CRM, and Service with only 1 chat flow on our website. There are small workaround such as setting chatflow priorities in which we can select which chat flow they will enroll with depending on the page of our website they are currently on. However, I'd like to simply change the inbox of a chat if the customer selects a certain option on our chatflow. Having a team of service reps, sales reps, marketing reps, etc. in one inbox is very messy and even overbearing at times with so many eyes on the same conversations. 

1. Allow for work flow creation as follows. Right now it is read only. But you can see the option is technically there in this custom workflow I started. 

JDeLorenzo_0-1634157642802.png

2. Allow for more security on inboxes. I understand the concept of not allowing specific users to make changes in an inbox. I would prefer if that user does not have permission, that they cannot see that inbox at all. This just make simple sense to me. I dont think anyone would want their service reps snooping around the sales teams inbox and vice versa. Just doesnt make sense.

rsail
HubSpot Product Team

Thanks everyone for your upvotes on this idea! I couldn't agree more that having the ability to route chatflows to multiple inboxes is useful in many different cases. While we don't have a timeline for delivering this functionality, it is on our roadmap and we are working to get it prioritized in the future. I will continue to post relevant updates in this thread.

Chris_NextTech
Participant

+100 for this. We want a single chat bot, where a user can be directed to Sales / Support / Finance inboxes based on the choices they make. It seems so limiting to only have one destination.

jgillan

Yes please, very frustrating the chatflows can't send to any Hubspot user that they have to be in the service hub group and also the inbox association is difficult to switch after you set up the chat.

JMutchnik21

Upvote! 

DMessmer1

Upvote X100

yukihanafusa

UPVOTE x 100000000000000000

Lass
Participant

Massive upvote 🙂 

RLong8
HubSpot Employee

+1 !

dhoat30

Yes really need this feature to manage the chat flow. 

ASpendley

Exactly the same for us - one chatbot on the website but needs to allocated to one of 4 teams in separate inboxes based on options chosen.

SGunning

Upvote...delivery asap please!!!!!

sarakerwin
Contributor

Yes! I saw one possible workaround listed, but does anyone have any other workarounds they're using?

Grek

Absolutely upvoted. This is required to have a seamless and unified customer chatflow experience. I have not seen a workaround other than having triggers per webpage but this is not feasible since we may have users on the same page having different needs (i.e. sales, support, etc.)