HubSpot Ideas

ARodrick

Allow for Tasks to have a status

There should be more options to a task than "completed" or "not started". If we can allow sales reps to adjust and update the task status then it gives us more oversight.

Would this be possible?

16 Replies
SRoberts

Completely agree - this is an essential feature when working with a task list and is available in even the most basic of task list softwares!

Interestingly enough, when you are creating workflows or reports, you can filter on Task status and it includes Completed, Not Started, In-Progress, Waiting & Deferred but I can’t find where on the task to update this!

JBudd

I couldn't agree more with both SRoberts and ARodrick. In fact, it boggles my mind that this idea was put forth in June 2021, and it hasn't attracted more attention. (Am I missing another idea I should go upvote??)

Not only is the feature essential, but the inconsistency of the options showing up in reports/workflows but not being available for user updates is a little embarrassing... Please please please fix it?!!

Thank you for considering our request 🙂

brookebirdi

Agreed on this functionality! Sorely missing

MLevasseur

Definitely agree with @SRoberts and @ARodrick
We need to have more than solely "Not started" and "Completed" for better internal communication. I guess this comes from the idea that people create tasks for themselves and have a pretty clear status: an email is sent or not sent, a call is done or not done...
But when using tasks for inter-team requests, relying only on comments where we need to mention the requester to inform that this is in progress or infos are missing is not solid enough. 

Thank you for considering this request!

TH7
Contributor

Some additional statuses like "Deferred", "Waiting" and "In Progress" are shown in tools such as Workflows, Lists and Custom reports. However they are not available in the task tool.

Would be nice for HS to make it available there.

LudmillaGarcia
HubSpot Employee

as a support rep, I have received lots of tickets about this subject. I believe releasing this change ASAP would be beneficial to our customers 🙂

EWhite91

This is a really important dev request that limits hubspot for any form of project management. Not started, In Progress, On Hold and Complete would be the bare minimum requirement and very helpful

Alejo3052GB

In Salesforce we have many options, but here just 2 status
please develop More, thanks

MoniPort

I would also add a canceled status. As an admin it would be great to cancel tasks when doing clean up. Instead of deleting these task or falsely makring them as complete. 

BvanDulmen

+1

VIyengar
Contributor

+1 definitely need this to easily find deals with overdue tasks in the pipeline overview (I know we can filer for overdue tasks via Sales --> Tasks)

isn't it possible to add the task status "Overdue"?

MMilligan7

Why is it we can see the Task Status options in report filters but not in the UI? We need to allow our reps to adjust the Task Status in the UI for the Task.

Screenshot 2023-09-25 at 4.13.43 PM.png

JMacAndrews7
Member | Diamond Partner

Task statuses are so nuanced that only being able to change them via automation or API is useless. There is not going to be a triggerable action taken to identify a status as "deferred" or "waiting"...these are statuses that come out of conversations either internally or with a customer. The task statuses need to be available to the individual working on the task so they can be set appropriately manually. Only then can there be accurate task management reporting.

ABeian
Participant

+1

RZuzula4

+1

KRussell2

+1