HubSpot Ideas

Rianne

Allow for Microsoft Teams integration with the Meetings tool and scheduling in the CRM

Within our organization we use Microsoft Teams for all meetings. When people book a meeting through the Meeting tool with someone, we now have to manually send out an additional Microsoft Teams meeting. We would like to these meeting tool invites to already be Microsoft Teams invites. I know this is possible since Hubspot does exactly this within their own organization, except with Zoom.

It would really make a big difference to us if this were possible.

**Moderator Edit**

This issue has been merged with Marialll2694's post titled: Automatic Microsoft Teams Invite Link to be sent when meeting is scheduled. All comments and kudos have been combined here.

Marialll2694

When you scheudle a meeting through hubspot it should be integrated with Microsoft Teams in a way that it creates the invite with the conference link. Currently you have to send another invite with the link.

We were considering purchasing HubSpot and this integration threw a wrench in the whole deal. With COVID 19 we are all having to work remote and we use Microsoft Teams (along with 75 million users) because it's part of our corporate suite. Not having this integration is detrimental to a seamless & delightful experience with our clients.

Part of the "magic" with HubSpot is that something like this doesn't happen. I was even more surprised to see that both the Google and Zoom integrations have been done.

403 Replies
AnoukF-C

This is almost a requirement for us now - we use teams for all our meetings and not being able to put in a teams link is becoming a real headache. How has this not been done yet?

banderson

Yes, this is absolutely necessary. 

pinupprop

was told not in the next quarter. and i see in the thread that it also wasnt in the last quarter. this is absolutely essential. come on hubspot! 

Marialll2694
Participant

Thank you for getting this feature into the "planning" stage. I was very happy to see HubSpot taking charge 🙂 

yves_kext
Participant

Fully agree with mohammada. Having to send an invite from hubspot, then updating it from Outlook makes the client (and worse: prospective client) have to accept the meeting twice. This is annoying and we decided NOT to use hubspot's meeting functionality at all (not even scheduling a meeting from Hubspot, but only logging it as a future meeting).

It's a pity that there is no way to integrate MS TEAMS

LauraAllen

We have the same use case. 

benesch_e
Contributor

My company uses MS Teams, I don't get the option to use the Zoom meeting link.  Would love to know the time frame HS plans to develope this.

darshakparmar
Participant

I think if HubSpot wants to align themselves better to large enterprises, these are the kind of features they need to focus on. Large organizations do not use Zoom. Most of the large organizations are Microsoft shops. Considering HubSpot already has integration with office 365, I wonder what stops them from integrating with MS Teams Meeting? This will be super useful considering the adoption of MS Teams after COVID. 

MHulzebosch

Or Google meet would be great too. Maybe you could choose which option you prefer.

carrieL

I agree! It would be so incredible to be able to connect and auto-schedule a Microsoft Teams meeting link/dial-in when someone books a meeting with me. For now, I've required their phone number and included a note that I'll simply call them at the number provided. So far that seems to work, but if they wanted to add others to the meeting then that becomes problematic. Please, please add this to your development for the near future!!

DesW

Same here, just came on board and we use Teams.  I only use Zoom about three times a year.

finchi123
Participant

THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE NECESSITY 

rmitchell1
Contributor

Definetely need this! Without it, you've created a monopoly for Zoom, which is one of the worst companies I've ever worked with.  Not having an integration like this stops us from using GoToMeeting and MicrosoftTeams - two things we already have.  Not having an integration just pushes us away from HubSpot, not towards Zoom.

poconnell
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all, 

I am the Product Manger for Hubspot Strategic Integration. I'm happy to let you know that we are currently building an integration with Microsoft Teams. We plan to launch our first features later this year, which will include a meeting link within HubSpot and the ability to share notifications between HubSpot and Microsoft Team. In the coming months we also plan to start working on messaging conversations feature, among other features. 

Keep an eye out for our Product Blog updates on this integration. 

Thanks 

Patrice

poconnell
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all, 

I am the Product Manger for Hubspot Strategic Integration. I'm happy to let you know that we are currently building an integration with Microsoft Teams. We plan to launch our first features later this year, which will include a meeting link within HubSpot and the ability to share notifications between HubSpot and Microsoft Team. In the coming months we also plan to start working on messaging conversations feature, among other features. 

Thanks 

Patrice

poconnell
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all, 

Thanks 

Patrice

marksmithvr

Any update on Microsoft Teams integrated with HubSpot for meetings? We are moving off of Zoom to Teams, and would like to keep HubSpot Sales/Service but if they can not integrate with Microsoft, maybe it is time to abandon HubSpot? Anyone else use a calendar scheduler with Teams and not use HubSpot?

Project2020

We use Microsoft Teams within our organization. This is a must for us! Please bring this integration to HubSpot.

GarethMurphy

Hi, while hubspot are working on this thought I'd repost my workaround in case anyone hasn't seen my earlier post. It basically gives you the ability to automatically include a working (but static) Teams meeting invite hyperlink in your hubspot meeting invite template.

This means you don't need to go and add a teams invite later once the meeting is booked, its already in the invite that hubspot sends out once someone uses a meetings link to book a meeting with you.

This is the workaround:

First of all create a teams meeting invite in the usual way (for me, I create a meeting in my outlook calendar, and then use the teams button to convert it to a teams meeting). This creates a team hyperlink below "Join Microsoft Teams Meeting" in blue underlined text.

Then right click on this hyperlink and click copy hyperlink.

You can then cut and paste this hyperlink into the 'invite description' within Hubspot and because it is a normal hyperlink it is recognised as such within the meeting invite, and can be clicked on to access the teams meeting, just like the "Join Microsoft Teams Meeting" button normally does.

The hyperlink is quite long and ugly however. So another thing you can do to improve on this is to go to tinyurl.com, where you can cut and paste the overly long offending hyperlink above into tinyurl and it will generate a permanent and much smaller ("tiny") URL that does the same job as the much longer one!

There may be a small downside to this: normally every teams meeting you create has a unique virtual meeting room to avoid the potential for people from your next meeting accidentally joining a previous and overrunning meeting that is nothing to do with them. Using the above methods means all your meetings will have the same teams address. But if you have the feature switched on where you have to manually admit people into your teams meeting from the lobby, then the potential for people to join the wrong (overrunning) meeting should be limited.

RetailUnity

Hi @GarethMurphy ,

Thank you for the elaborate description. A similar solution was proposed before. For some this might be OK. But if for any reason you are for instance sharing files in a meeting these files are available for everyone else that got the invite earlier as well. It can be quite risky to do this.

I had this the other way around. After the call I wanted to review some notes in the chat. I opened the same link as before and I was able to read the full internal chat conversation of our potential client, stating that they liked the product, etc. etc etc. 😂😅.

Regards,

Peter