HubSpot Ideas

RRRadu

Allow external pages to be associated with a Campaign

We use WordPress for our main site and we'd like to be able to associate WordPress pages to Campaigns. At the moment, we can only associate Blog or Landing pages hosted on Hubspot.

It seems strange that while we use the Hubspot tracking code, and we can add and monitor CTAs and CTA clicks on these pages, we cannot add them to a Campaign.

Does anyone else feel the same?

Thanks

154 Replies
Crawford

@Shay  Saw your update back in May. Wanted to reach out and see if there were any updates. 

EEnglish3
Contributor

@Shay just checking in to see if there have been any updates on this? 

rldonnell
Member | Partner
This question has been here for years. No real answers or progress.
Crawford

@Shay  is this true?  Is @rldonnell  correct that you've not made any progress here? 

Can you please provide an update? 

Herman
Participant | Elite Partner

Adding this feature would also give the ability to bring all campaign things together:

- External links to PR articles

- External links to podcasts, radio interviews, guestposts,...

This way you have one overview what you did in a campaign.

PLippens
Participant

This is yet another great idea that does not seem to be acted on ..

Would be valuable to us too if we could add existing wordpress pages to our Campaigns for better insights

Crawford

@Shay Any updates? It's been roughly 19 months since your last update that there was a team dedicated to helping bring this feature to light. With a restructure there is certainly a fair amount of time that we would expect this to take but do you at least have an update on a timeline?
Any updates at all? 

InviseAgency
Contributor | Elite Partner

Hi guys,

Reeeeally looking forward to this!

And I know that this is absolutely no community where you just create ads or sell stuff, but based on that this feature has not been delivered in such a long time, I feel the need to once again bump we've created a solution that at least will help with a PART of the addressed issue. Our WordPress plugin helps with two things in particular:

• Being able to associate blog posts to campaigns, even if they are hosted in WordPress
  • Beeing able to keep and manage the blog in Wordpress, on a subdirectory, rather than loosing SEO strenght using a subdomain, or waste admin time using two "CMS platforms".

At this moment, the wordpress plugin only handles the standard WordPress post type "blog/posts", but I really don't see why we couldn't do the same with Landing Pages, for example. If that is something anyone wants to invest in, I'm happy to help out. When it comes to having this plugin for regular/static "website pages", that - should - also be possible to develop within our plugin. However, in this case the HS customer would also need to have a paid HubSpot CMS subscription to make the technical architechture work for the "ghosting" part.

With this feature in combination of using a good UTM structure for external traffic we, and our WP customers, can gain a lot of insights.

More info about the current plugin can be found here: https://hubs.ly/Q011_jRp0 

My five cents, while we wait for this feature 👍
Feel free to delete this post if it does not provide value.

/Fredrik Landström
CTO @InviseAgency 
fredrik.landstrom@invise.se

Crawford

@InviseAgency - Fredrik,

Thanks for your info for WP users. Do you have anything for Magento users?

InviseAgency
Contributor | Elite Partner

@Crawford Sorry, at this moment only WP users as we're a HubSpot and WP agency.. So wouldn't even know where to start 😅

Crawford

@Shay no response yet? 
Come on man give us something....Don't let this hit the 2 year mark!!!

MBoos
Participant

At least a rough roadmap or info would be really appropriate for a feature that is supposed to have been focused on in 2020. @Shay 

KNovo

I propose a mass exodus if this issue is not resolved ASAP. It leaves a huge barrier to success. I love Hubspot, but the lack of support on this issue is reason enough for me to continue looking elsewhere - for a product that doesn't put a stranglehold on its users that don't want to use its less than desirable blog and landing page cms features. This issue is nearly 5 years old and there is no insight on a fix. 

Crawford

@KNovo You are on to something here. If by the end of March there is still no activity on this or one of our other requests we're probably going to start looking at alternatives and would exodus. I don't want to leave but it's hard to validate not even getting a response on a number of these requests that are totally reasonable and I would have imagined HubSpot would have been leading the pack in making these features available. 

KNovo
At the VERY LEAST - we should be able to add an External URL as an asset and pull in those page analytics. It boggles the mind that a platform as powerful as Hubspot can't solve something as simple as that.
rldonnell
Member | Partner
I am getting tired of the notifications with zero progress. HS focus is on
the enterprise these days and this issue must not be a priority
edstennett

HubSpot today launched the beta for form association within the campaigns tool - which is a positive first step. This loom video seems to suggest external pages will be coming soon! Fingers crossed...

Crawford

Hey would love an update @Shay Would love for this to be on all external pages regardless of Wordpress or any CMS 

GWhite9

Any update to this? Is this feature likely to occur? 

squigglebit
Contributor

Any update on this? We have a bunch of externally hosted pages and it's causing a nightmare.