HubSpot Ideas

RRRadu

Allow external pages to be associated with a Campaign

We use WordPress for our main site and we'd like to be able to associate WordPress pages to Campaigns. At the moment, we can only associate Blog or Landing pages hosted on Hubspot.

It seems strange that while we use the Hubspot tracking code, and we can add and monitor CTAs and CTA clicks on these pages, we cannot add them to a Campaign.

Does anyone else feel the same?

Thanks

154件のコメント
MBoos
参加者

Is there still no specific roadmap for this?  @Shay 

ToriColebourne
メンバー

Agree. Our workaround is to use HubSpot forms and insert HubSpot tracking code into our external pages. From there we create active lists that we then add as assets to the campaign in HubSpot.

TuffaCharlie
参加者

Hi, what's the latest on this please?

JBergquistMMN
メンバー

@ToriColebourne , clever workaround 😎.  Is your active list based on form fill?...you can't trigger by form visit like a page, right?

CFowlkes
参加者

Same here, I build a workflow that adds people to a static list when they "viewed" a page and have that list associated with the campaign.

nateangell
投稿者

@CFowlkes sorry if this is covered elsewhere, but if people visit the same page via different channels (eg, one clicks in a link in an email, another follows a link from a social ad, etc), each of which is part of a different campaign, does your workflow put them on different lists based on the campaign of what led them to the page? Not sure how to accomplish that... Or do you just count every visit to the page as part of a single campaign?

ToriColebourne
メンバー

@nateangell, if you create different tracking URLs for your webpage, you can see those different Channels (Source). Go Reports > Analytics Tools > Tracking URLs (then add those tracking URLs to the campaign - and it'll show you what you want). Read more here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/how-do-i-create-a-tracking-url

nateangell
投稿者

@ToriColebourne Thanks! But erg, I was hoping that wasn't the answer. Given that using HS to send emails and social already makes links trackable and associates them with campaigns I was hoping not to have to make manual tracking links ALSO to use this workaround.

ToriColebourne
メンバー

@nateangell Ooo, I assumed you were using external platforms. Can't you just add your emails and social posts as assets to the campaign then? My bet is that you need unique links set up. But, sorry not sure as we use a different email platform etc. Hopefully someone helps you 🙂 

nateangell
投稿者

@ToriColebourne Sorry not to be more clear — maybe I'm confusing myself. We use HS for emails and social posts so of course we associate those with campaigns and I guess visits to non-HS pages via links in those emails/social posts do already show up in HS campaign reporting.

Returning to the original topic of this whole thread, I guess what's missing is the ability to associate a specific non-HS webpage with a campaign directly, so that all data for that page becomes part of campaign reports, not JUST visits generated from HS channels like emails/social posts related to campaigns that do have trackable links.

Hoping I've clarified it for myself at least if not others 😉

JReuteman
メンバー

Any update on the May 22, 2020 status posted by @Shay  ? Having this capability to link external pages with HubSpot campaigns would tremendously benefit our marketing team.

darshakparmar
参加者

@Shay do you have any update on this? What is the timeline?

Cimolini
メンバー

Any update on the status of this project @RRRadu ? Last message was over a year and a half ago.

darshakparmar
参加者

It has been over four years by now. Why such a simple functionality is being delayed is beyond me.

rldonnell
メンバー | Solutions Partner
Follow the money, I suspect, unfortunately.
IMartinez
メンバー

Como tanto tiempo y esto aún no lo resuelven!!!!! 4 años!!!!

mark-franken
参加者

We're looking at Marketo and other solutions at this point. HubSpot has been promising to fix deficiencies in the Campaigns tool since 2019 and it never happens. Our renewal is in Feb. and I'm just fed up at this point. The company is only interested in expanding into new categories and is ignoring base marketing functionality others have had for several years. I'm done.

UpAndSocial
参加者

This feature would be huge and so very simple for Hubspot to do. We've been messing around with a Zapier Wordpress, Hubspot connection and found a way to bring in some data...not all. I suggest you all try Zapier for now.

wmcstudios
メンバー | Solutions Partner

Adding my vote to this - we are missing out ona lot of follow-through with campaign data. Please, please, please allow Wordpress pages and other external pages to be included in campaigns. Each campaign release we perform for our clients typically include a social media posts, landing pages with forms, pillar page support pages, marketing emails and advertising campaigns.

Wee need page data here, and many of our client sites have custom functionality, API integrations and structures they are not interested in moving over to HubSpot CMS.

piersg
キーアドバイザー

This is also needed to track/associate dynamic pages created via HubDB to a campaign, which is currently not possible. I don't know if that's been mentioned but it is a serious flaw in the dynamic page system.