HubSpot Ideas

RRRadu

Allow external pages to be associated with a Campaign

We use WordPress for our main site and we'd like to be able to associate WordPress pages to Campaigns. At the moment, we can only associate Blog or Landing pages hosted on Hubspot.

It seems strange that while we use the Hubspot tracking code, and we can add and monitor CTAs and CTA clicks on these pages, we cannot add them to a Campaign.

Does anyone else feel the same?

Thanks

154 Comentários
simona1
Membro

Any update on this feature? It seems to be of interest to the community as of 2017.

Measuring campaign performance in Hubspot is complicated unless the landing pages are stored with HubSpot; while many of us use other tools than Hubspot for managing our website this is appearing to be limiting. 

KariPoole
Membro

Role: Campaign reporting adding assets

Goal: To report on all assets, even externally hosted ones

Value: HubSpot will be a better platform if it could do this

Example:

At the moment it isn't possible to add external pages as an asset to a campaign.

As my WordPress webpage and YouTube video account are currently built and hosted externally, Im not able to add these as assets.

The only way currently is to create a landing page in HubSpot and then be able to add it to the HubSpot campaign - but for many obvious reasons thats not the answer I would adopt.

Please could you make this possible, so Hubspot can become a prefered reporting SuperUser platform for B2B businesses. Many thanks, Kari

dhika
Membro

@nrileyNot sure how your team prioritizes ideas in this forum, but if the number of upvotes is a crucial metric, please migrate the number from the previous thread so we'll end up with 700+ upvotes, marking how extremely essential this feature is. Right now, we're losing A LOT of traffic data for a certain campaign because we're hosting our blog on WordPress and that's just one metric to measure awareness.

Looking forward to this feature being pushed live.

sblock
Membro

It would be nice if we could

• Add external assets to campaigns with a link. It should be trackable since the Hubspot code is on our websites.
  • The ability to use "campaigns" as a filter in custom reports.
  • Add tracking links associated with ads to campaigns

These changes would give us a more full view of our campaign assets and be able to report on them from one location.

KariPoole
Membro

Hi guys,  Yes absolutely feel the same way

- and its now 2020 and ive just put in a similar request thats now been merged with yours - so hopefully a few more votes and it might be something that can be implimented.

Thanks to everyone voting so far.

jimthornton
Participante

So this actually has 650 upvotes looking at consolidated feature request "ideas" over the past 2.5 years. Just assuming this isn't happening at this point. Bummer but not surprising Hubspot doesn't want to prioritize a feature that allows HS to be playing more nicely with Wordpress.

Status atualizado para: Being Reviewed
Shay
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Hi all, I wanted to share an update with you regarding the plan to introduce this feature. First off I can say that it's absolutely something we're aiming to bring to you, the caveat here is that the current campaigns app is not flexible enough to support reporting on this data which is what has meant to date this has never been possible even though it seems straightforward.

The good news here is that we have a team focused on removing these roadblocks so that we can enable reporting on external pages, along with far more native HubSpot assets and beyond. This work requires an almost total rearchitecture of the campaigns app, meaning I don't have a meaningful timeline to share with you right now but rest assured it is our primary focus. 

In the meantime I'd love to learn more about how you're currently using the Campaigns app and other places we could improve. If you have a little time I'd really appreciate if you could check out this survey and share your thoughts: https://www.research.net/r/campaignsfeedback052020

As I have more news specifically related to associating external pages with campaigns I'll be sure to share here.

mark-franken
Participante

@Shay Your survey link appears to be broken.

matthewscheer
Participante

@Shayes Glad for the update. And yes -- the survey link does not work for me either. 

Shay
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

My bad, thanks for the heads up @mark-franken  and @matthewscheer, I had an accidential space at the end. This is the correct link: https://www.research.net/r/campaignsfeedback052020

lallen
Participante

Agreed! This would be a helpful feature. 

nateangell
Colaborador(a)

This is abosolutely crucial for us too.

SearchConversio
Membro

Agree with everything mentioned above.  
Sure seems like the WordPress plugin could deliver a list of pages/posts/urls to the Asset selection tool wthin campaigns...  just thinking...

SocialMeg
Membro

Totally agree with the need to be able to track a campaign to an external page. Was surprised that we couldnt do it!

Hope Hubspot respond and offer a solution to this.

darshakparmar
Participante

I agree with everyone here. There is a number of webpages from the website (not hosted by HubSpot) that serve as a landing page for us. By not allowing them to be included in campaign assets, HubSpot is forcing everyone to use their paid CMS module. 

jimthornton
Participante

I know this says "136 upvotes" but at least one other exact same topic post with hundreds of upvotes was consolidated into it. So there are probably about 600  to 700 upvotes on this issue. 

Any org that uses:

• Hubspot and Wordpress
  • Hubspot and Salesforce
  • Hubspot and any ecommerce like Shopify, Woocommerce, Magento, etc.,
  • Hubspot and any other page builder tools like Webflow
  • Hubspot and does cobranding with partner orgs that don't use Hubspot
  • Hubspot and does affiliate campaigns
  • Hubspot and uses event or conference software that generates it own landing pages, eg. mixily, eventbrite, etc.

Is unable to associate those pages with Campaigns. The promise of Hubspot as an all in one platform in a fast moving world of one click integrations,  best in class tools changing year to year, and inability to handle ecommerce within the platform in 2020 is crazy.

Prioritize this feature request so we can add outside pages to campaigns plz!

mark-franken
Participante

Another year. Another Inbound. Campaigns has still not been overhauled. Last year it was said to be ready by this year. Why am I sticking with the platform when the basics keep getting ignored?

CRMarketer
Participante | Parceiro Platinum

I also would like it if forms and external pages can be added to campaigns. Also promotion (Google and LinkedIn Ads) are a very important part of our campaigns would be great if this was included. 

Good to read that something is in the works, an update on the progress would be appreciated! 

InviseAgency
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Elite

Hi people!
Great ideas, looking forward HubSpot natively supporting this! Not only for the campaign tool, but also with using an external blog and still get blog insights without the need of looking at Google Analytics!

However, we have worked out a neat WP plug-in that will enable this feature while we wait. It's kind of a workaround but i works as a charm 🙂

Right now our focus is on blog articles that are hosted in Wordpress, but this should be working with other page types as well -later on when we see a broader use case 🙂

Background is that we wanted to use the standard blog reports/dashboards in HubSpot and associate external WordPress blog posts to campaigns, even if the blog posts are hosted in Wordpress. This is what we've sorted out and it works good:

• Statistics and reports in HubSpot (example, blog views, time on page, bounce source etc).
  • CTAs in blogposts (views, ctr etc)
  • Associate WP blog articles with HubSpot Campaigns and thus being able to truly evaluate them with all the relevant assets.
  • Being able to keep the Wordpress host blog in a /blog/ subdirectory, but still use the blog features/reports in HubSpot. A great SEO win!

If you want more information and maybe want to be a test-pilot for this blog feature (as we are only using this by ourselves now), don't hesitate to contact me on this e-mail.

/Fredrik

CTO

Invise Agency, Sweden

TPearce
Membro

Can we also make it to forms submitted that will be filterable for lists on pages other than only able to be filtered through landing pages and blogs? We use WordPress and would like to separate our form submissions based upon the service page they were submitted into services that they are looking for.