Allow external pages to be associated with a Campaign

We use WordPress for our main site and we'd like to be able to associate WordPress pages to Campaigns. At the moment, we can only associate Blog or Landing pages hosted on Hubspot.

It seems strange that while we use the Hubspot tracking code, and we can add and monitor CTAs and CTA clicks on these pages, we cannot add them to a Campaign.

Does anyone else feel the same?

Thanks

52 Replies
New Contributor

Any update on this feature? It seems to be of interest to the community as of 2017.

Measuring campaign performance in Hubspot is complicated unless the landing pages are stored with HubSpot; while many of us use other tools than Hubspot for managing our website this is appearing to be limiting. 

New Contributor

Role: Campaign reporting adding assets

Goal: To report on all assets, even externally hosted ones

Value: HubSpot will be a better platform if it could do this

Example:

At the moment it isn't possible to add external pages as an asset to a campaign.

As my WordPress webpage and YouTube video account are currently built and hosted externally, Im not able to add these as assets.

The only way currently is to create a landing page in HubSpot and then be able to add it to the HubSpot campaign - but for many obvious reasons thats not the answer I would adopt.

Please could you make this possible, so Hubspot can become a prefered reporting SuperUser platform for B2B businesses. Many thanks, Kari

Regular Contributor

@nrileyNot sure how your team prioritizes ideas in this forum, but if the number of upvotes is a crucial metric, please migrate the number from the previous thread so we'll end up with 700+ upvotes, marking how extremely essential this feature is. Right now, we're losing A LOT of traffic data for a certain campaign because we're hosting our blog on WordPress and that's just one metric to measure awareness.

Looking forward to this feature being pushed live.

New Contributor

It would be nice if we could

• Add external assets to campaigns with a link. It should be trackable since the Hubspot code is on our websites.
  • The ability to use "campaigns" as a filter in custom reports.
  • Add tracking links associated with ads to campaigns

These changes would give us a more full view of our campaign assets and be able to report on them from one location.

New Contributor

Hi guys,  Yes absolutely feel the same way

- and its now 2020 and ive just put in a similar request thats now been merged with yours - so hopefully a few more votes and it might be something that can be implimented.

Thanks to everyone voting so far.

Occasional Contributor

So this actually has 650 upvotes looking at consolidated feature request "ideas" over the past 2.5 years. Just assuming this isn't happening at this point. Bummer but not surprising Hubspot doesn't want to prioritize a feature that allows HS to be playing more nicely with Wordpress.

HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team
updated to: Being Reviewed

Hi all, I wanted to share an update with you regarding the plan to introduce this feature. First off I can say that it's absolutely something we're aiming to bring to you, the caveat here is that the current campaigns app is not flexible enough to support reporting on this data which is what has meant to date this has never been possible even though it seems straightforward.

The good news here is that we have a team focused on removing these roadblocks so that we can enable reporting on external pages, along with far more native HubSpot assets and beyond. This work requires an almost total rearchitecture of the campaigns app, meaning I don't have a meaningful timeline to share with you right now but rest assured it is our primary focus. 

In the meantime I'd love to learn more about how you're currently using the Campaigns app and other places we could improve. If you have a little time I'd really appreciate if you could check out this survey and share your thoughts: https://www.research.net/r/campaignsfeedback052020

As I have more news specifically related to associating external pages with campaigns I'll be sure to share here.

Regular Contributor

@Shay Your survey link appears to be broken.

Regular Contributor

@Shayes Glad for the update. And yes -- the survey link does not work for me either. 

HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

My bad, thanks for the heads up @mark-franken  and @matthewscheer, I had an accidential space at the end. This is the correct link: https://www.research.net/r/campaignsfeedback052020

Occasional Contributor

Agreed! This would be a helpful feature. 

Regular Contributor

This is abosolutely crucial for us too.