HubSpot Ideas

RRRadu

Allow external pages to be associated with a Campaign

We use WordPress for our main site and we'd like to be able to associate WordPress pages to Campaigns. At the moment, we can only associate Blog or Landing pages hosted on Hubspot.

It seems strange that while we use the Hubspot tracking code, and we can add and monitor CTAs and CTA clicks on these pages, we cannot add them to a Campaign.

Does anyone else feel the same?

Thanks

154 Comentarios
dianna
Colaborador

We also need this integration!!!!!! Hubspot, do you have any comments??? I have managed my landing pages inside of HS but they are so limited in design functionality. I've tried MANY templates and they just don't work as well as a Wordpress page. However, I really need to be able to track my landing pages in HS. PLEASE HELP!

tomasmerlo
Miembro

That's what I'm looking for.

laurencectcm
Miembro

Its basic. Just like the SEO side of the tool. Just integrating a URL in will be such a low hanging fruit for the HS team! 

RobDando
Miembro | Partner nivel Platinum

Yes Please! It’s veey important to tie it all together, and forms that have been submitted showing as a stat would also be very good. 

rldonnell
Miembro | Partner

This feels pretty basic to me.  The HubSpot landing page builder is limited and difficult to use.  I am being "forced" to use an inadequate tool.  Why would HS do this?

syriley
Miembro

+1 We're not really using campaigns at the moment as the numbers are a bit meaningless without blog stats

amalia_angi
Miembro

Yes please! I Agreed also. I will be help us more.

Thank you!

danpilat
Participante

+10000 - definitely a requirement. This should be pretty straightforward to implement.

andrewtb4
Miembro

Yes please add this. This is something my real estate clients need as there listings pages are in WordPress and need to be searched for on WordPress. 

massjo
Miembro

Yes, We are also facing the same issue, Our blog is on Wordpress and Website built with HTML and PHP. We need to associate and track our external things on hubspot marketing campaigns. Since we are using it for so long we cant able to migrate it easily into hubspot. Need option to add external landing pages into campaigns

toriduncan9
Miembro

I agree!

I love all of the options HubSpot allows, but adding external URLs or WordPresspages to campaigns would be a game changer.

shanestiles
Participante | Partner nivel Platinum

Agreed. Definitely WordPress but of course any other CMS. And more than just CMS, there may be articles that appear on other websites, links and 3rd party assets that live outside the website/blog that should also be attributed to a campaign.

RobDando
Miembro | Partner nivel Platinum

Any news on this??

matthewscheer
Participante

This is a must for our organization. We have a global presence in our industry and have been well suited with HubSpot since 2015. Since we've grown however, we must upgrade our ability to track ROI through campaigns. Since many of our assets live around the web on various platforms (all with the Hubspot tracking code installed) we have to find a way to report on each of them as a cohesive strategy. Hubspot's campaign functionality doesn't permit this, and the inability to add assets not built in HubSpot to HubSpot campaigns is such a severe restriction that it's adding to pressure within our org to move off of HubSpot to a competitor with better reporting. This is a shame as Hubspot has been great in so many other ways.

Also, this community idea says it only has 85ish upvotes -- but it was migrated from another portal with 540+! So it has closer to 700 upvotes! That is a massive indicator of need going overlooked by the product dev team. 

allieccollins
Colaborador

@nriley do you have an update for us on this? This is such basic, critical functionality, and doesn't seem like it would be that hard to build. Clearly there's a use-case and you understand it, as you made it available for Hubspot blog posts. So why limit it, when you know so many users are on WordPress?

Campaigns are so underbaked, it's infuriating. Every day I find something new that just doesn't work at all Emoticono loco

AxelN
Miembro

Here is a workaround I can think of to include external page views in a Hubspot campaign.

The idea is to create a unique Contact list based on page views for your landing page or external non-hubspot webpage.

1. Go to Contacts Lists and click "Create list"

2. Give your list a name, ideally, something to know it'll be used for a campaign like "[Campaign] Landing Page A"

3. Make it a "Static List" (Campaigns only support static lists, which means you'll need to manually refresh the list to update the campaign data)

4. Use the filters to filter to Page View = Your External Webpage (Make sure your external webpage has Hubspot tracking on it)

Pasted_Image_1_28_20__4_49_PM.png

5. Go to Marketing > Planning & Strategy > Campaigns, create your campaign

6. Add the Static List asset to your campaign:

Pasted_Image_1_28_20__4_53_PM.png

Tada! Your campaign is now pulling in contacts based on Page Views from an external landing page:

Pasted_Image_1_28_20__4_59_PM.png

allieccollins
Colaborador

@AxelN that would work great if pages were static, but they are dynamic... new people come to them constantly, so I am trying to solve for having them be automatically added to campaigns. 

So another possible solution that Hubspot could provide would be to allow us to use Active Lists. That would work fine. 

But Static lists just don't work for anything that's dynamic, like a living-breathing website. 

Carly_Watson
Participante

This would be so helpful! That would give us much more seamless metrics.

jonbach
Miembro

Agreed. This feature is sorely needed, and would be extremely easy to add. I believe that Hubspot is deliberately dragging their feet on it, so as to sell more of their CMS module. However, even with their CMS module, there are still holes in our reporting because of other externally hosted pages that we want to be part of a campaign (all traffic, not just UTM tagged traffic).

I understand that this would have to be limited to pages with the Hubspot tracking code installed.

HelloMarketing
Miembro | Partner

All of our clients use WP to blog and we're either forced to push traffic through a redirect to the tracking url, which is less than ideal for a bunch of reasons or just forgo this traffic data all together. Would really love to see this make it's way into production.