HubSpot Ideas

cfinsness

Allow date time to render in an email

I am trying to create a custom Meeting reminder email and would like to insert the Hubspot token "Date of last meeting booked in meetings tool" which is actually a Date Time. When I try to put it into an email template, however, it only renders the Date (not the TIME) which isn't very helpful. 

It would be great to be able to insert the TIME into an email. 

6 Replies
CDukich

I got really creative with lists and zapier to parse out the date / time and sent it back to HubSpot in a custom field. Crazy they do not have it separated out! The reminders are pretty useless without the exact time and a join link.

JWestbrook
Contributor

@CDukich can you share your process for adding time with Zapier?

JWard3

Totally agree.  What good is it to be able to add in the date of the last booked meeting into an email if it doesn't include the time?  The data is there in the field.  Why not give us the option to pull it into an email? 

Scoobs
Participant

I'm trying to identify a way to include meeting details such as the contact information of the user whose meeting link was used to make the appointment so that I can include their contact information in meeting reminders and I'm reading here that you can't even remind the customer of the time?

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, this is mind-boggling.  🙄

CDukich

@JWestbrook I did not get notified about your reply (or it got lost in my inbox)! Apologies there.

@Scoobs there is not much flexibility with that built within HubSpot. Frankly the meetings functionality is lacking some critical things... like that. Not being able to send an email reminder with the date and time of the meeting OOTB is wild...

I was able to get super creative with Zapier and now they have sharable templates. Check it out:

https://zapier.com/shared/287950551102b396ae680e82c053d360662a6819 

Steps:

1) Create a custom field "Time of last meeting booked in meetings tool" (keeping the naming convention consistent with Hubspot, since Date exists)

2) You'll need to create a list in HubSpot. I called mine: Demo Meeting - Date / Time Zapier Parsing List

3) Create a workflow in HubSpot (see attached).

4) Then hook the parsing list to the Zap.

HS - Meeting Reminder Workflow With Time Of Meeting Parsing Step.png

Scoobs
Participant

I really appreciate this. Thank you! 

That said, I'm pretty new to HubSpot though, and although I'd already figured out Step 1, I'm don't know if I'm following the rest based on what I'm thinking we're trying to do in this workaround. Keeping in mind I want a little more information in addition to the time of the meeting, I'm thinking we can get HubSpot to send a meeting email confirmation to the "Email Parser by Zapier"

From there I can map information from the email into a Zap that is intended to update the appropriate Contact Record Properties in HubSpot so that they can be used to create a more elaborate meeting reminder workflow.

Am I following you correctly?