HubSpot Ideas

James22

Allow date specific sending for multiple emails in a workflow.

Currently, there is the ability to create a workflow centered on an end date. However, there isn't the ability to set specific dates for multiple emails within a workflow. 

If I am creating a workflow that is due to nurture contacts for a number of months I may have a number of emails that are date specific in that timeframe but cannot currently set an email to go on a specific date without working out all the delay steps down to a tee. This is important as we have industry-specific content that is required to go on a certain date (ie an event, industry report, webinar, live round table ... the list goes on) and we know these dates long in advance due to our marketing calendar and want to be able to create a fully fledged workflow that encompasses all of this but without having to break into separate workflows. 

5 Replies
therobert
Contributor | Diamond Partner

@James22 Did you figure this out yet? This is such a basic thing I am surprised, or not, that HubSpot didn't include this, at least as an obvious choice in the workflow. Thanks!

vmcgee
Contributor | Diamond Partner

I'm also looking for a way to send an email 7 days, 3 days and 1 day before a custom contact date field. 

Carlos-TRAK

Hello, I'm looking to solve the same problem.  Did anyone figuere this out?
Thanks!

cchacon

Yes! This would be extremely useful. I was just trying to figure out how to do it.

JLegate0
Participant

So I think a solution/workaround would be to add someone to a list. You can then plan your emails as normal in marketing > emails - scheduling them for a certain time. Effectively it is a newsletter list at that point. 

You could add the person to the relevant list from the workflow you are using. 

Could that help?