HubSpot Ideas

azalaquett

Allow custom email activity association with Deals via Outlook

Ok, HubSpot! You've done it for your Gmail users - and your Outlook users would greatly appreciate some love. 

Please create the ability when sending an email via an Outlook connected Sales inbox to CHOOSE which Deals the email gets associated to. Today the behavior is: that HubSpot automatically associates to the related company and the 5 most recent Open Deal records. This is leaving many companies having to manually disassociate the incorrect email activity from Deal records they have nothing to do with. Just check out the many threads and RECENT 2020 posts on those threads and HubSpot continues to provide no update! 

Applications: Multiple Deals with the Same Company where certain Contacts are involved on 1 Deal, but not others, Any Company with Partner relationships 

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
February 24, 2021 07:01 AM

Hello all,

Thank you for your patience and feedback! This feature is now live to all O365 Add-In customers and we have documentation here on the settings and how to use it when composing emails

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-tracking/track-and-log-emails-with-the-hubspot-sales-office-365-add-in

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-tracking/customize-your-hubspot-sales-office-365-add-in

Please let me know if you have any further questions! 

Best,

Flora

In Planning
December 03, 2020 10:56 AM

Hello everyone,

We are currently working on building this for our O365 Add-In. I'll post here again when we are closer to the beta. Please let me know if you have any feedback on the product or other thoughts at flora@hubspot.com.

Thanks all! 

45 Replies
ACarlaw
Participant

@Flora is there a way to do this for calendar appointments? I've fixed the settings that auto associate emails to all related deals for that contact, but I am still getting random associations between the calendar appts and the deals.

mikebrown
Contributor

Seriously Hubspot, how is this functionality not already implemented for the Out Desktop plug-in.  Hubspot is supposed to make our life easier giving us more time to actually sell, all it does is create more work for us having to go in and dis-associate emails from multiple deals.

You keep marking these as "Status Delivered" when they are only partially delivered via the web clients.  I can't even install that because it clashes with the Desktop plug in!!

James6

This is still a major issue for us, all deals are ticked by default, why can't they be unticked by default instead? 

KJLUNDE
Contributor

@James6 My team is having soooo many issues with the Hubspot Outlook Add-In, it's so far behind the same function in SalesForce and other CRMs that it should be embarrassing for Hubspot!  Good news though, I did figure out how to change the default "check all Deals boxes issue."  When you type a new email, click the little blue "i" button next to deals in the side bar, it will show a link to "Log and Track Settings," from there uncheck the default Deals button.  This will change the default to leave all Deals boxes unchecked.  

My big issue is that Hubspot only lists 3 deals in the side bar, and it still includes old/stale Closed-Won and Closed-Lost Deals, so I have to do a custom search to pull up the newer Deal that I actually want to associate my email to.  Per usual, haven't heard a peep from Hubspot on this issue.  In fact, I haven't seen any reply from Hubspot on any of the hundreds of requests related to their new Outlook Add-In.  Hoping that Hubspot will some day have a client service team big enough to at least respond to all of our requests here.  We're thinking of switching back to SalesForce because Hubspot's Ideas page is useless and their response rate has to be close to 0%...

shanestiles
Participant | Platinum Partner

This is absolutely crazy that this happens. In fact, there should be an overall setting to remove Deals that are closed from appearing in associations overall. A really frustrating item that needs to be addressed. Happy to provide input to HS on this.