HubSpot Ideas

azalaquett

Allow custom email activity association with Deals via Outlook

Ok, HubSpot! You've done it for your Gmail users - and your Outlook users would greatly appreciate some love. 

Please create the ability when sending an email via an Outlook connected Sales inbox to CHOOSE which Deals the email gets associated to. Today the behavior is: that HubSpot automatically associates to the related company and the 5 most recent Open Deal records. This is leaving many companies having to manually disassociate the incorrect email activity from Deal records they have nothing to do with. Just check out the many threads and RECENT 2020 posts on those threads and HubSpot continues to provide no update! 

Applications: Multiple Deals with the Same Company where certain Contacts are involved on 1 Deal, but not others, Any Company with Partner relationships 

45 Kommentare
JoJohanna
Teilnehmer/-in

Agreeed, really needed!!! 

Status aktualisiert zu: In Planning
Flora
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hello everyone,

We are currently working on building this for our O365 Add-In. I'll post here again when we are closer to the beta. Please let me know if you have any feedback on the product or other thoughts at flora@hubspot.com.

Thanks all! 

azalaquett
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Awesome - thank you Flora! 

KJLUNDE
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Completely agree with this suggestion.  In general, the Hubspot Outlook Add-In could use some help.  Salesforce is years ahead of Hubspot on this.  Hubspot's current auto-generation of leads, contacts, etc creates alot of bad data in the CRM.  It would be great to have options in the email side bar for each email that allows you to (1) select which recipients you'd like the email linked to in the CRM, (2) Ask if you'd like a new Company/Contact created for any unrecognized email addresses in your email, (3) give the option to either sync with particular leads or simply create a new lead.  All of this functionality has been standard practice in SalesForce's Outlook Add-In for years.  For now, we have to settle on the Add-In auto-generating new contacts/companies and syncing with the wrong leads, just makes for a lot of manual data clean up after the fact.

e_badajos
Mitglied

This issue is probably the most critical for our users. I'd love a general idea of when the beta might be available for testing. 

amtnezschez
Teilnehmer/-in | Partner

This is an absolut must-have. Can't believe this is not working like in Gmail since the very beginning. We decided not to use the add-on until this is solved. Gets us in more trouble than it solves

sk0si
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

+1 waiting for it 🙂

cjmil
Teilnehmer/-in

We are dealing with the same issue and it is a huge pain for us. This needs to be resolved - it is making us second guess choosing Hubspot because of the manual steps required and the countless incorrect / automatic assocations this issue is creating.

KJLUNDE
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Same here, the custom email activity and subsequent bad CRM data generated is driving my team nuts.  Custom email activity in general could be improved in the Outlook Add-In.  Would like to see the ability for a user to select which Contacts/Company/Deals to link an email to.  Also, the ability to select which new email recipient you'd like to create a new Contact for would be nice.  Currently, if you're sending to more than one recipient, you either have to not associate the email with anyone or you have to associate with everyone on the email and generate a bunch of bad contacts in HubSpot.  Salesforce has had this fixed for a while now.

TuffaCharlie
Teilnehmer/-in

@Flora has confirmed that Hubspot "are aiming to get this update out in Q1 of 2021" and will let us know as they get closer to beta.

EBlackler
Mitglied

Completely agree with all comments on this thread.

We are in the process of onboarding Sales Hub and this has caused a major issue for our sales team. Our business relies heavily on continuous relationships with customers and multiple deals coming from one contact - surely being able to tag an email to a specific deal should be a basic requirement! Especially as Hubspot seems to have developed so many advanced features around account based marketing??

Any news on the beta couldn't come sooner!

sk0si
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Furthermore: we can't use any workflow according to activities on a deal, because every (wrong-assigned) mail is an activity. We can't keep on track with deals.

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Commenting for a customer here.

This is a crucial feature that's missing. Not just the ability to exclude deals from outlook, but perhaps an overall setting on HubSpot as well to turn off/on what kind of automatic associations we want.

That would be really helpful!

APeltola
Mitglied

Great to hear this is going forward Flora! I am currently running a startup company sales efforts and I used Jira to run our Pipeline during our first sales/marketing campaing. We used external marketeer company and simply used Outlook Jira addin to send emails to an issue. Simple but even our CEO got fond on that feature.

KJLUNDE
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Any updates on the Outlook Add-In update?  I've read multiple posts promising the update (I'm told the Gmail update is already done). 

There are of course multiple Ideas posted (and complaints) about the current Outlook Add-In functionality.  Most notably, requests to improve the ability to custom link emails to contacts, companies, deals, one-click linking of incoming emails, etc.  I.e. as a user, I can check boxes to pick what contacts/companies/deals I want to link the email to.

It's no secret that the current Hubspot functionality in Outlook is lightyears behind all of Hubspot's major competitors.  Any updates would be very much appreciated, thanks.

Status aktualisiert zu: Delivered
Flora
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hello all,

Thank you for your patience and feedback! This feature is now live to all O365 Add-In customers and we have documentation here on the settings and how to use it when composing emails

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-tracking/track-and-log-emails-with-the-hubspot-sales-office-365-...

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-tracking/customize-your-hubspot-sales-office-365-add-in

Please let me know if you have any further questions! 

Best,

Flora

KJLUNDE
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Thank you @Flora!  Already using the new functionality and it's great!  Much appreciated, great way to kick off 2021!

azalaquett
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Awesome news, @Flora! Thank you so much for the update. 

jbr1nk
Teilnehmer/-in

Hello,
This feature still does not work if you are forwarding an email's content that was sent to another customer. Even when selecting the new specific contact I have it associating with nearly all contacts and this occurs with log and track off and no default associations. I am going to try and create a contact group or contact list to see if that helps, but I haven't had success in doing that on the bcc line and also including logging. If I'm missing something or if someone has advice I'd love to hear about it, as we've spent hours cleaning up the mess a single email can cause throughout many, many accounts.

Judy

missiris
Mitglied

Deals and Tickets should be available to select when associating a mail from within Outlook

Thank you !