HubSpot Ideas

AJLaPorte_diagr

Allow creation of datetime field from Contact Property area (not just API).

There are many times when a datetime field can be beneficial for use in the contact properties. There are currently a few fields (HubSpot defaults) that contain this data but you cannot create a custom property for this kind of data through the editor screen. 

HubSpot default datetime fieldHubSpot default datetime field

Allowing this would help with building more precise workflows when it comes to email sending or time-sensitive emails like drip campaigns from workflows. 

79 Kommentare
KAdhikary
Teilnehmer/-in

Please add this feature.

MGeise
Mitglied

The fact that there is no way to maintain the original contact creation date during a migration, makes this a must-have feature to be able to create a field that can be used to report on historical and future lead generation.

rohansdeeson
Stratege/Strategin

This would help us so much 

Pdegidio
Mitglied

I agree fully!  It would also help Buisnesses like mine that work extensively with service contracts where the time field needs to be used for enroll incomming tickets in different pipelines based on the time of day it was sent for example enroll the ticket into the "Support Buisness Hrs. Pipeline"(8:00AM-5:00PM) or enroll the ticket into the "Support After Hrs. Pipline" (12:00AM -8:00AM or 5:00PM-12AM).

oboote
Mitglied

Technically not supported but just sharing that it is actually possible to create properties as datetime when using the API and if you set both the "type" to datetime (as documented) and "fieldType" to datetime (not documented) it will work and appear as such in the manage properties UI 👀

Use at your own peril.

rohansdeeson
Stratege/Strategin

Hmm i tried this @oboote and the API just told me this was not a supported field type

oboote
Mitglied

I created some earlier today - here's the JSON payload if you'd like to try:
https://api.hubapi.com/properties/v1/contacts/properties
{
"name": "last_used_livechat",
"label": "Last used livechat",
"description": "",
"groupName": "contactinformation",
"type": "datetime",
"fieldType": "datetime",
"formField": true
}

michaelpalmer
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Partner

The issue with using the API is that I can't do much with the DateTime Field Created by the api in the APP. I can't run automations based off of the time.

Run on this DATE. 5 minutes before TIME.

The best we can do currently is Run on this date at this specific time which is not dynamic enough for reminders.

All the competitors have this which is why I find this so odd this has not been created.

rohansdeeson
Stratege/Strategin

Agreed @michaelpalmer I have a use case like this, also I want to create a custom object for events and would need a working datetime field or at the very least a separate time field to make this work.

nathanparis
Teilnehmer/-in | Diamond Partner

We are also constantly coming across needs for these to be created in custom properties.  We would ALSO want to be able to set these with "Now" in workflows.

rohansdeeson
Stratege/Strategin

This Idea has been around for a very long time, and has a lot of upvotes, with some of the other things you have produced recently I can not imagine this is a difficult one

@AJLaPorte_diagr 

BFox
Mitglied

This is absolutley neccessary, please prioritize this!

Phil_McCluskey
Mitglied

I do not understand why this has not been prioritised as it is highly popular and needed.

Considering it has been proven to be able to be done with other HubSpot properties, and the complexity of other updates which have been done, it makes no sense to not have this yet.

Clyde
Teilnehmer/-in

The ability to create a custom "datetime" field would be very beneficial, the current method of creating a "datetime" field via the API is too complex. This feature is urgent and much needed.

BRymer
Mitglied

2 years old now this request and surely its a basic necessity.

brianserocke
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Platinum Partner

I'll throw another vote in for prioritizing this property type directly within the HubSpot UI. Adding this will also allow us to map datetime fields from third-party platforms and integrations appropriately. Right now, we are unable to sync and utilize datetime data from sync integrations built by HubSpot because the datetime field is not compatible with any HubSpot property type.

DMercanti
Mitglied

We also need this prioritized, essential to managing multiple webinars that might be scheduled on the same day.

elanashama
Stratege/Strategin

Definitely need this!

ajtatum
Mitglied

I just signed up for HubSpot and I'm absolutely astonished that I can't create a date time field in the UI.... and to see that after doing a quick search this feature has been requested about three ago and STILL hasn't been implemented makes me really wonder if HubSpot is listening to user feedback.

darshakparmar
Teilnehmer/-in

When are we expecting this? This is absolutely needed!