HubSpot Ideas

davism

Allow creation of an email list based on ticket properties

1)What is your current goal and what is the roadblock that is stopping you from carrying it out? I want to be able to mass email customers who fall into certain criteria. We use tickets for all Customer Success activities, so the information for filtering live on the ticket.
2) What is your proposed solution and how would it add value to the tool? Allow creation of an email list from ticket properties. 
3) Do you have any examples of other software apps that have this functionality? All customer success software on the market
4) What package are you currently on? Service Enterprise
8 Replies
RyanAtTFM

I would like to add that the need to create lists that utilize contact info along with ticket info extends beyond just email.  What about a manager who wants to track all issues that have been open for more than 3 days with clients that are a certain priority level or customer type.  There are countless reasons why most other software already does this.

SeanF293

Agreed - being able to filter contact lists based on tickets would be a very useful feature. I am currently trying to filter out old, unengaged contacts for potential removal from our system, and making sure these users aren't just inactive marketing and sales-wise, but have active or recent tickets with support would be great in determining if a contact is "safe" for removal.

andrearitchey

In additon to the reasons listed above, I was trying to do this today so that I could utilize the Smart Rules within the email platform. I wanted to create smart rules of an automated email based on a ticket property, but you can only do that with a list or a contact lifecycle stage. Since I can't create a list based on ticket properties, this totally eliminates by ability to do any kind of smart content. Although you can put in personalization based on ticket properties, my goal was to make some of the contact information in the email smart based on the ticket owner, which isn't personalization. 

Seth_Israel
Contributor

We are looking at HubSpot scores and ways to use certain ticket properties to add scores to a member and we could use lists to manage these groups and use it to +/- HubSpot score depending on if they are on a list or not... Would love to see this feature built out..

MissTipsi
Top Contributor

I've just come across this isse. A real head-scratcher that only has 5 upvotes. Hubspot is fantastic in so many ways but is missing some really bog standard functionality

Herschel
Top Contributor

👍

JasonC
Contributor
JasonC
Contributor

seems that they have now built this feature over the past week or 2