HubSpot Ideas

wdavis

Allow copying "Deal: Amount" from existing Deal into "cloned" Deal when using Deal Workflows

You cannot copy "Deal: Amount" when using Workflow actions to clone Deals.

It is possible to copy most other Deal properties over, and it's even possible to add the HubSpot "Deal: Amount" token into the new (cloned) Deal's "Name" or "Description" properties, but there is no option to add it to the "Amount" field for the new (cloned) Deal record.

Please consider enabling this functionality.

It is currently the *only* reason that I cannot fully automate the creation and closing of all "auto-renewal" deal records.

6 Replies
bellawu
HubSpot Product Team

@wdavis you can do this if you remove the "Amount" property that's there by default (click the trash icon) and then select the option to copy a property to a deal property 

wdavis

Hi @bellawu ,

Thanks for the advice -- for your awareness, I was only able to get this to work by doing the following:

1. Go to Settings > Deals > "Set the properties your team sees when creating deals." > Manage

2. Remove "Amount" as "Required" property when creating a new Deal 

While this certainly serves as a workaround, it's not very intuitive. The only way I would know about this is either by you telling me there's a workaround, or by extensively QA-ing your Workflows functionality myself.

Given that other workflow properties operate using HubSpot's "Deal tokens" it would be cleaner UI/UX to enable the same for "Amount."

Should I create a different Idea more specifically focused on that RFE or would you prefer to re-open this one?

Thanks,

-Wes

dimitry

@bellawu or @wdavis - Trying to set up a workflow where once a deal is one, a new deal gets created in a renewal pipeline. I've tried using the "copy deal property" function to copy the original won deal property "amount" (as the "source deal") and populate that in a new deal property in the target deal that is generated in the workflow under a field I created (expiring contract).

However, the property that gets updated is in the original deal, not the new deal created.  Would love to understand what I'm doing wrong here.

Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 6.17.52 PM.png

bellawu
HubSpot Product Team

@dimitry hmm that sounds like something is going wrong - can you open a support ticket with more details so we can investigate? 

BLA
Contributor

Hi I am facing a similar issue - no deal properties seem to be copying over... but quite new at this. Any direction/help please HS1.PNG

DStaat
Participant

Hey @wdavis 

Have you heard of Clone Attack? It's a HubSpot app that let's you clone records (deals included):

CleanShot 2023-09-13 at 11.22.51@2x.png

It carries over all the properties from the original record along with any associations you select.

I'd love to talk about this further if anyone has questions.

Best,

-David Staat