HubSpot Ideas

taylorfriss

Allow contacts/attendees to Cancel & Reschedule events using Meetings

Contacts are double booking without canceling their previous meeting! It would be great if they got a HubSpot confirmation email with a reschedule button on it, or if the Contact already has a meeting book, the Meetings page recognizes it and presents an option to reschedule or cancel old meeting. 

136 Kommentare
ABrown5
Mitglied

Calendly has this feature, not sure why hubspot is lagging 😉 

Cecilia_Decima
Teilnehmer/-in

I 100% upvote this idea - these features would drive more adoption of our branded HubSpot meeting links in our network.

rlevans
Teilnehmer/-in

Ditto. We're trying to be conscious of using as much Hubspot technology as possible so our marketing stack doesn't get out of control (wishful thinking!). The lack of a rescheduling feature is causing friction with our prospects and our sellers. 

ScotWalker
Mitglied

Greetings. Thank you for all the great work on this important topic. Since we are now at the 4 week mark of the expectation that was set, can you please provide an update on when we may see this functionality in production?

Status aktualisiert zu: In Planning
glencornell
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hi Community,

Just a quick update here that we are very close to a beta for this functionality. Our plans would allow for reschedule links in the confirmaion emails, and the description of the calendar event. Attendees would have the ability to Cancel or Reschedule a meeting.

When cancelled, the meeting title would update with the word CANCELED at the beginning, and the outcome of the Meeting event in HubSpot would update to 'Canceled'. 

When reschedule, an attendee scheduling a meeting would be brought to the Meeting scheduling page flow to choose a new time. Once a new time is selected, the original calendar event will update to the newly selected date. 

We are testing this functionality this week, and plan to release this as a public beta as soon as the feature passes all tests. Thanks again for your patience and excitement as we develop this feature

RHuntNPC
Mitglied

Yesss!! And I see it is close to being done! Fingers crossed...

Status aktualisiert zu: In Beta
glencornell
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hi Community! 

Thank you all for your patience and feedback in getting this feature to the top of our list! I'm happy to announce today that we now have a beta for this feature ready for folks to get access! You can reach out to your success point of contact at HubSpot and we'll get you in within 24 hours!

Some details:

This feature will allow attendees that scheduled a meeting to reschedule or cancel a meeting. Our goal in introducing this feature is to prevent you and your team from showing up to a no-show, and encourage your contacts/attendees to keep their meeting on the books! Reschedule and Cancel links will be available in the event as a raw URL. We did this rather than linked text due to an issue with the Microsoft Outlook API, that causes linked text to break occassionally.

When a meeting is cancelled, the event persists in the calendar, with the added text of 'Canceled' and both attendee and organizer status will be updated to 'Not attending'. The meeting event outcome in HubSpot will be updated to 'Canceled'. This was done to allow for the tracking & reporting of meetings that have been cancelled via the HubSpot CRM.

When a meeting is rescheduled, the calendar event is moved to the updated date and time. Email updates will go out to the attendees of the meeting with the new date and time. This was done to prevent duplicates. Below are some images of this functionality:

glencornell_0-1633443070548.png

glencornell_1-1633443135185.png

glencornell_2-1633443159256.png

Consultant
Mitglied

I hate the new update. We don't want out potential clients to be able to block our calendars at will. Please remove this.

BHislop
Mitglied

I would like to see a feature where there is an option to turn this OFF as well

KLeschyshyn
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

look forward to testing it! 

nikkiv
Stratege/Strategin

How do we get the beta verison to test? 

OGruzdyn
Teilnehmer/-in

Could you please share how to modify cancellation or reschedule policy? I want to give my contact a cancellation policy notice and do not allow cancellation less than 6 hours to the meeting date. 

Status aktualisiert zu: Delivered
glencornell
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hi Community,

I'm excited to announce that this functionality is now Live for all accounts at all tiers. We plan to follow-up with some additional features and fixes to this in the near future, including a function that will allow attendees to share why they needed to cancel or reschedule a meeting. 

Best,

Glen

KLeschyshyn
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Thanks, Glan. This looks great! 

BenjaminReimann
Mitglied

This feature is now available! 

Check it out here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/meetings-tool/create-and-edit-scheduling-pages

Search 'reschedule' or in your Hubspot meeting's tab under each meeting you'll see the new feature. 

efellefred
Teilnehmer/-in

i can't believe this was added with only 239 votes, while allowing adding locations/video conf links to meeting confirmation email has been ignored (with nearly 3x the upvotes)?

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Customize-Meeting-Reminder-amp-Meeting-Booked-Emails/...