HubSpot Ideas

KyleM

Allow connection of Office 365 shared mailbox to Hubspot shared mailbox

My understanding is you can connect an Office 365 shared mailbox to a personal Hubspot account with IMAP settings, however, this option doesn't seem to bve available for the team shared mailbox connection in Hubspot.

This would be extremely useful as most business traffic comes through generic shared info@ or enquiries@ addresses and not being able to connect them to it's counterpart in Hubspot is a real loss.

Thank you in advance for your help on this.

96 Replies
CSmidt

I am just curious if this has been resolved or added to upcoming releases.  There is a shared inbox that we would like to get attached to the database to function as a personal email should as it is shared between users.  Thank you. 

peterthomson

We've started using 'real' O365 inboxes for our shared funtions like support@ and sales@ but I'd rather have a 'shared' inbox that is authenticated using the same User logs in and chooses a Shared inbox they have access to (same as the access for Facebook Ads accounts). 

SHill2

I agree. Feature is needed. 

saraspangler

We also desperately need this! As said above, this should be the same type of permissions like you get through managing a Facebook page or LinkedIn page. If you have access to the mailbox, you should be able to connect it. 

Joel007

Following the steps outlined here, you can generate a password for your office 365 shared mailbox and connect it to HubSpot.

Cnadler
Participant | Platinum Partner

+1

AMarco

This is a must, come on Hubspot! My team can't work without this.

KMirow

Okay! Figured this out without needing to set up a password for these groups or doing temp license 😄

Here's a tango with instructions on how to add a 365 Group Inbox using email forwarding - https://app.tango.us/app/workflow/Add-a-Client-Group-365-Email-to-HubSpot-Service-Hub-091e8659c1df46...

did-vmonroig

Not only Office 365. HubSpot should be able to connect any IMAP + SMTP account as a shared inbox for teams. This is a must in any CRM!

bh_sdo

Yes, please. Just got pulled to hubspot and not having this is not great.

Dermeleve

Upvote.  Still need this functionality in 2022!

AAutio

This feature is absolutelu required, upvoted also!

MarcLat

Use the Email Alias tool inside your hubspot account settings. Underneath your personal inbox you'll see "Add email alias" - if you add the shared inboxes email address into this field and your personal email account has access to the shared mailbox then hubspot logging from the shared mailbox in Outlook will start functioning and logging the emails correctly to associated hubspot contacts and companies.

Yo_Be_Low
Participant

We desperately need this too

TonyDowling
Contributor | Diamond Partner

This is a security flaw surely? 

Accessing the account with MFA is preferable to having a password. Time to catch up!

JimmyBatschelet
Participant

PLEASE!!! I couldn't believe it was not already an existing feature! 

ClaireBIGENIUS
Participant

The usage of "real" shared mailbox (without password so without a real microsoft user behind) is really nice when you need team emails...

Unfortuntly, it is not possible to connect a shared mailbox (without password) as personal email in Hubspot.

Reason (given by support):

The IMAP/SMTP workaround might have worked in the past, but is no longer viable since Microsoft deprecated support for basic authentication for O365 some time last year. For context, basic authentication is when you log in with an email/username and a password, whereas modern authentication is done through Oauth (this is where you sign into the Microsoft page to connect).

It will be really appreciate to be able to connect this kind of mailboxes.

amandawhite

We absolutely need this. Has anyone found a work around while we wait for HubSpot to come up with a solution? Cheers!

BFritsch

PLEASE!!! We need this too!