HubSpot Ideas

betsynelson

Allow comments in Social Media Planner

Use case: 
We work with various freelancers to manage our social media. We also have those freelancers managing the marketing manager and C-levels business accounts (LI, Twitter). We want to be able to have them comment on a post in the social media planner so they can approve it, but also ask for changes and add comments. 

HubSpot Updates
In Beta
November 06, 2023 01:56 AM

Hi all - I'm pleased to announce we have opened a Public Beta for enabling commenting in the Social editor in HubSpot. This beta is currently open for any Marketing Pro/Enterprise portal to opt in.

Link here to opt into the beta and learn more about the feature. 

11 Replies
MariaRafaella
Participant | Diamond Partner

I'm surprised that this hasn't been done yet. Our writers will often draft a post, but the client may want changes before publishing it. It would be great to be able to leave comments or even see the history of the post and the changes made.

JByrne9
Member | Elite Partner

I work for an agency who manage many client content, particularly social media. The approval process becomes a nightmare with so many documents flying about and needing version control, it would much more beneficial for clients to be able to add comments to social posts, so we're able to sort out approval in one place.

ChelseaA

This is a must have! 

ogosdeck

Surprised this doesn't have more upvotes! Comments & the ability to collaborate on assets directly in Hubspot is available in other areas - would be great to have in social posts too!

CKidd
Participant

this is a huge huge huge reason we don't use the HubSpot scheduler. which makes campaign tracking/metrics a nightmare. would much rather have everything in HS than use a third party. please add this feature!

FGaletic5
Participant

Yes please, we shouldn't have to choose between Hubspot (for tracking) and Planable, for user friendliness.

FGaletic5
Participant
KSellick

This was possible with the lowest Sprout Social account... very disappointed it's not possible in Hubspot!

NicoleJ
HubSpot Moderator

+1

RSmithUT
Contributor

Agree that this is surprising HS doesn't offer this already. The process of reviewing and approving social media - even with just two on our team - requires another platform and other tools instead of being able to use HS (a tool we use and already spend a lot of money for). 

dowens
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all - I'm pleased to announce we have opened a Public Beta for enabling commenting in the Social editor in HubSpot. This beta is currently open for any Marketing Pro/Enterprise portal to opt in.

Link here to opt into the beta and learn more about the feature.