HubSpot Ideas

rc1

Allow clickable URLs as a field type

HubSpot already includes a Company field called WEBSITE URL that is clickable from the main company view.

I would like to suggest that we should be able to create our own clickable link fields, I can see them being useful on any object but for us, we would love them on the Company object.

Since the functionality is already built-in for the default field of WEBSITE URL, I can imagine that enabling this as a new field type would be very easy for HubSpot to implement.

My sales and support people would be able to click on a link on an existing customer that would direct them to the customer's account with us. 

rc1_0-1650640485659.png

3 Replies
MSterne

This would also be helpful to have a clickable link to a contacts LinkedIn profile, currently we needed to set this up as a single line entry.

Schteevynn
Participant

+1 from me on this. Any URL should be clickable from a main view without having to drill down into preview or details. I'm new to HubSpot and find this lack of functionality utterly baffling, especially considering that the canned "Website URL" field is clickable. 

jason_murray
Participant

+1 - At The University of Tampa, we could use a clickable link field type to connect to Vendor or Application specific documentation that we do not store in HubSpot.