HubSpot Ideas

bsjut

Allow branded click tracking URL for Hubspot Sales Emails

Hubspot Sales allows click tracking (https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-tracking/how-can-i-track-links-sent-in-my-emails) but only with a generic Hubspot domain. This makes the click tracking look unnecessary spammy. It would be great, if we could switch the click tracking for Hubspot sales to a custom domain, i.e. through a CNAME record, for example use cl.mydomain.com/1231331 as a URL logic.

48 Replies
f3as
Member | Platinum Partner

Yes, I definitely agree on that point. It would look much more professional!

finn
Top Contributor

+1

dliao
Participant

Agreed. A customer complained that our one-to-one email links are being redirected through "sidekickopen79.com". It looks suspicious. I understand this was the former product name for HubSpot Sidekick, but it looks like a scammy link that isn't affiliated with a legitimate company of HubSpot's reputation. Suggest renaming the email tracking URL to something that has a closer relationship with HubSpot's brand.

seth-epiq

100% agree. It is kind of mind-boggling that a paid email service produces links that anyone who has taken any spam training (e.g. https://phishingquiz.withgoogle.com) will avoid. The whole idea of paying for this service is to get customers to follow up by clicking the links in the email. This limitation goes against that goal. This should be a basic "feature" that doesn't require a Professional premium. Please just add the web (email) domain configuration to Starter.

finn
Top Contributor

any news?

lnglkcpx
Participant

Can this please be added as a priority? A common feature on Mailchimp, SendGrid, etc.

bsjut
Contributor | Platinum Partner

here is another reason to add custom domains for this. Currently sidekickopen06.com is blocked as a phishing domain for users of Gdata antivirus, meaning all clicks on a tracked Hubspot sales link fail with this error screen:

bsjut_0-1608300173260.png

lnglkcpx
Participant

Wow - well that explains why so many of our links don't get through...

ZPlatten

Yes! We have very security-conscious customers and when they see anything but our url it immediately puts their hackles up.

MKnoedgen
Contributor

We would like to configure the unsubscribe link (both in our marketing emails and in 1-to-1 communication from CRM) to point to our own domain (which we've set up as primary domains in Hubspot).

At the moment, any unsubscribe link a contact clicks points to a URL called sidekickopenXX.com/something, which is clearly something entirely different than what our website or marketing domain is called and thus, it may result in some tech savvy users being irritated.

As far as I've learned it is not possible to reconfigure this so the link points to our landing pages domain. The issue of course affects all unsubscribe links we send out via Hubspot.

Thanks

Michael

SHoe

We are getting prospects reporting us as spam due to the long links in the email.. Needs sorting ASAP, please.

Daleksandersen
Participant | Diamond Partner

I have a handful of customers that have very strong security governance. One of the challenges they have is that they do not allow any 3rd party URLs in their emails. 

So even if they want to track emails, they are not allowed to - because SIDEKICK is a 3rd party URL. 

It should be possible to use the customer's URLs for this purpose.  

Best regards, 
David

DanielHau

My problem is that emails with the default HubSpot tracking pixel seem to land in the spam quite often.

I was wondering whether I could change the default email tracking link & pixel for tracking opens and clicks? It is pretty simple to add the necessary tracking links to your DNS settings, as I have done it before for my cold emailing program (Reply.io).

Using your own domain for tracking increases the deliverability rate. It is especially annoying if you want to track your 1-on-1 sales emails and they don't get delivered.

Would be a great addition!

netsquire
Participant

HubSpot still uses Sidekick technology to track email opens. Many email apps and plugins block known tracking pixels and Sidekick is at the top of the list. It's time for HubSpot to replace Sidekick with a more modern tracker that is not easily recognizable by tracker blockers.

For newsletters, you can use a legit image as the tracker. For sales email messages, it's trickier but still doable. In both cases, the image gets a unique, encrypted identifier when sent so that it never looks the same to a tracker blocker.

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager

Hi @netsquire,

thank you for your feedback! I'll go ahead and move your message to our Ideas Forum and create a feature request. That way, it can get visibility from other HubSpot users and our product team. You can check the Ideas Forum Users' Guide here

You might also be interested in supporting this feature request with a somewhat similar use case.  

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

MParise

Yes please! This would be great. Especially when we're posting on social, it would look super spammy to use https://hubs.la. It'd be so much better if we could bring in our own custom short domain.

DmitryP

I second that. Even very simple platforms like Lemlist allow you to do custom email tracking domains for sales emails. It seems we might need to switch to another sales engagement vendor after all...

DmitryP

yes, and they should also allow disabling click tracking while keeping open tracking. It's so upsetting that HubSpot sets you up for failure when it comes to email deliverability

Ellesyanna
Contributor | Diamond Partner

This should be a high priority to resolve!

LEberlein

I am so frustrated why customers are not clicking our links and to be honest - I wouldn't do it either. When is there sth coming?