Allow branded click tracking URL for Hubspot Sales Emails

bsjut

Hubspot Sales allows click tracking (https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-tracking/how-can-i-track-links-sent-in-my-emails) but only with a generic Hubspot domain. This makes the click tracking look unnecessary spammy. It would be great, if we could switch the click tracking for Hubspot sales to a custom domain, i.e. through a CNAME record, for example use cl.mydomain.com/1231331 as a URL logic.

9 Replies
f3as

Yes, I definitely agree on that point. It would look much more professional!

finn
Top Contributor

+1

desmondliao
Participant

Agreed. A customer complained that our one-to-one email links are being redirected through "sidekickopen79.com". It looks suspicious. I understand this was the former product name for HubSpot Sidekick, but it looks like a scammy link that isn't affiliated with a legitimate company of HubSpot's reputation. Suggest renaming the email tracking URL to something that has a closer relationship with HubSpot's brand.

seth-epiq

100% agree. It is kind of mind-boggling that a paid email service produces links that anyone who has taken any spam training (e.g. https://phishingquiz.withgoogle.com) will avoid. The whole idea of paying for this service is to get customers to follow up by clicking the links in the email. This limitation goes against that goal. This should be a basic "feature" that doesn't require a Professional premium. Please just add the web (email) domain configuration to Starter.

finn
Top Contributor

any news?

lnglkcpx
Participant

Can this please be added as a priority? A common feature on Mailchimp, SendGrid, etc.

bsjut
Participant

here is another reason to add custom domains for this. Currently sidekickopen06.com is blocked as a phishing domain for users of Gdata antivirus, meaning all clicks on a tracked Hubspot sales link fail with this error screen:

bsjut_0-1608300173260.png

lnglkcpx
Participant

Wow - well that explains why so many of our links don't get through...

ZPlatten

Yes! We have very security-conscious customers and when they see anything but our url it immediately puts their hackles up.