HubSpot Ideas

Shay

Allow blocking of an individual email address on a form

Migrated from legacy feedback forum with 32 votes.

Our Contact Us form is being spammed by someone who is using a gmail.com domain. Since we do get valid submissions from gmail accounts on this form we cannot block the entire domain.

It would be great if there was a feature which would allow us to block individual emails or alternatively block a contact record altogether.

HubSpot Updates
April 10, 2017 05:59 AM

Migrated from legacy feedback forum with 72 votes.

It would be nice to have the option of blocking spammy email domains from all forms rather than adding these domains to each form individually.

104 Replies
Daniel_13
Participant

+1, we get multiple spam requests from the same few people but cannot block gmail as a whole domain.

PSparreboom

Yes, would be good if we could block individual users from submitting forms.

CateDuarte
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

We have this request from a customer also. Would be very useful.

BenSparhawk
Member | Elite Partner

I also think it would be beneficial to be able to block a singular email address.  One bad apple does not spoil the bunch, and it would be a big benefit to be able to weed out some of the bad actors that choose to spam companies. 

Agreed.  Same problem for us.

JJacquemoud

There's an obvious need here! Come on HS, let's get a resolution here... 

John1975

I totally agree. Hubspot was supposed to make my life easier and save me time. Now it's the complete opposite getting daily spam emails from India and nothing can be done. I do not want block generic gmail addresses as some of the leads we get are legit gmail addresses. First delete from my google account then manually having to delete every Indian spam email. It really drives me crazy of all this useless manual work. 

Wake up hubspot. This should be an easy fix!! 

J-Macc
I agree that the ability to block specific address is sorely needed.
jspbx
Participant

this is really needed!

JStreit1
Member | Elite Partner

This feature is a must have! Would be extremely helpful when a company gets hundreds of spammy form submissions from a single email address but don't want to block providers like gmail.

Cecelia6668

We really need this! As we've grown now we're getting spam form fills on our website daily. I've enabled CAPTCHA but that is obviously not enough because we still get lots of spam submissions.

BBaysinger

Why is this not planned for production?? This would be super helpful!!

jsto11
Participant

We have a former employee who is spamming one of our forms and I too want to block a specific email address. Blocking the email domain would not work because it's a gmail account and the majority of our customers use gmail.

Duffy8
Participant

It's absolutely absurd that Hubspot hasn't figured this out yet. Especially now in the world of AI spambots. Hubspot NEEDS to address blocking individual email addresses from form fills. 

willowgirlzink

This should be planned for production as it would make things so much easier!! We have a constant spammer that enters the exact same message everytime; we receive it 1-5 times a week and having to delete the ticket is time-consuming. 

John1975

This has been a request since April 2017 and nobody seems to care at hubspot. You would have thought that having over 6 years would be ample enough time to fix a not so complex issue.

Using hubspot is supposed to save you money. Instead we find ourselves fighting the spammers every day and it's getting annoying.

Therefore we are now cancelling our service with hubspot now (and encourage you to look around a bit in the market) as there are many other cheaper but also greater alternatives with flexibility with spam issues etc. Support is also very slow nowadays at Hubspot compared to when we signed up. It's way overpriced if you want to grow your business.  

scott-heit

I agree that we need this added flexibilty. This has happened to us recently and also from an individual using a gmail account, so we do not want to block the whole email domain. We just need to block one individual email address. From the 300+ upvotes on this original post from 6 years ago, I don't know why this hasn't been implemented yet?

CKlippstein

Definitely needed feature! The option to block certain contacts from all forms, would it be contact forms, meeting scheduling pages or conversations as soon as the system identified them is highly needed!

It's been requested 6 years ago and has 300+ upvotes, what's going on there?!?

ThaisCampbell
HubSpot Employee

+1

DAntonelli
Participant

Please make this available.