HubSpot Ideas

Shay

Allow blocking of an individual email address on a form

Migrated from legacy feedback forum with 32 votes.

Our Contact Us form is being spammed by someone who is using a gmail.com domain. Since we do get valid submissions from gmail accounts on this form we cannot block the entire domain.

It would be great if there was a feature which would allow us to block individual emails or alternatively block a contact record altogether.

103 Replies
deedeew

Would love to get this feature! The spammers are getting more aggressive.

Hubspotlien
Participant

This would be really useful for us. Please implement.

OlgaK
Contributor

There is a spammer that submits our forms 10-20 times a day. If anyone knows how to stop this, please let me know -  I would really appreciate!

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner

It would be super helpful if we could block emails portal wide. Some of the portals I'm managing have several hundres of forms – blocking emails on each form is not feasible. At the same time, senior users in our portal are receiving spam submission notifications.

CPSCB
Contributor

In a similar way we're able to identify Contact records as Marketing contacts, it would be helpful to identify Contact records as SPAM/Quarantined.

Use case: We have repeat offenders who over time submit on multiple forms using gmail addresses. Some have alternated between submitting what looks legitimate and then following up with another submission with their SPAM offer.  Blocking at form level is, as all the others in the thread have noted, not an option because it's gmail domain address. If we were to completely delete the contact records to keep our system clean, we lose the history that can provide the needed context.  

MPurchase91

This would be  a great idea but we have somebody who keeps coming through with different emails that overwrites with a cookie. So maybe worth being able to restrict the "IP" too

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner

Great point, @MPurchase91, facing the same issue in some portals that I'm managing.

KaraDM
Yes! Great idea.

Thank you!
Kindly,
Kara Marx
2J 2K Ranch |
602-628-9361 |
2j2kbordercollies.com |
2j2kmaremmasheepdogs.com |
Springfield, MO
ChaosFreak
Contributor

OH, you mean it's been three years and hundreds of users asking HubSpot to develop a simple, obvious feature that every other platform has, yet HubSpot hasn't developed it yet?

What a shock!

Don't hold your breath for this feature. It seems like HubSpot actually de-prioritizes the popular feature requests just to make their customers angry.

MGutstadt

Same! Please add this feature! We are getting spammed on our contact from by a specific email address. 

lmccormickl

Would be swell to have an email blocking feature, so that I can mark specific emails as spam and block all future communication. Current domain-level blocking doesn't come close to what is needed given spammers are crafty... and use generic email domains such as @hotmail.com or @yahoo.com. 

Please make this a priority!

dariuo

Upvote blocking contact details. Esepcially when the customer has no provided the phone number and has keep getting stalked from hundreds of people over month.s

dougfairbro
Contributor | Diamond Partner

I'm facing this exact issue and I'm surprised this isn't already a feature. We need to block the spammy 'seo experts' that consistently fill in our forms using Gmail addresses. However, I do not wish to block the free domains as we do win business from free domain enquiries.

Following this as I believe this is a must-have feature

CoJoGo

@JoeMayall has there been any further consideration from the HubSpot team to implement this as a feature? Being able to use our own blocklists would be extremely useful.

TheHutch

Yes we really need this! We have one person who keeps submitting forms, and he has submitted about 25 now! I'm getting tired seeing the notifications from this person now. Considering how much we pay for Hubspot, is there a chance you will listen to our requests?

bendonahower
Guide | Diamond Partner

Sometimes I just come to this idea and dream of what life would be like if this were implemented 🙂 

taxypants

We have issues with spammy users as well as people sending all sorts of offensive/derrogatory messages to our service team. Blocking emails and ability to fill forms/schedule appointments would be appreciated.

thisisdatis
Contributor

Any updates on this? 

As others have mentioned:

1. Blocking domains like gmail may not be feasable for a lot of folks - and often times, spammers use free email addresses

2. Blocking an individual/domain from all forms would be a very logical feature to have

Cheers.

SWright-Smith

I would also like to find a way to block an individual email address (not the entire domain) from being able to complete a form and create a ticket. A single user is spamming our company and we can't block all @gmail.com addresses in order to stop one person.

adeleif
Participant

It's been several years now that this has been requested. It's critical for us, and would not seem to be a major "fix" for the HubSpot developers.

We need to be able to block intermittent incoming spam from gmail and other free email domains without blocking all our legitimate contacts from those domains.

If implementation of this is not planned, can we please learn why not, or perhaps why it is so complex a problem?

Alternatively — is there a workaround?