HubSpot Ideas

Shay

Allow blocking of an individual email address on a form

Migrated from legacy feedback forum with 32 votes.

Our Contact Us form is being spammed by someone who is using a gmail.com domain. Since we do get valid submissions from gmail accounts on this form we cannot block the entire domain.

It would be great if there was a feature which would allow us to block individual emails or alternatively block a contact record altogether.

103 Replies
jasonashaw
Contributor

I agree. Would be great to have an ignore or block list to dump spammers or any other contact you don't want, because if you delete them they'll just be added back the next time they spam. Annoying. Please add.

JoeMayall
HubSpot Alumni

Hi HubSpot Community,

My name is Joe, I'm the Ideas Forum Manager. I've been in contact with the HubSpot product team about this Idea, and I wanted to provide a quick update.

We appreciate all the feedback you’ve shared here to help our team evaluate this feature request. However, at this time, this functionality is not something our team is planning to build into HubSpot. This is certainly subject to change in the future, so feel free to leave feedback if you'd like. We'll update this thread if our plans change.

Best,
Joe
Ideas Forum Manager

SelinaK

Agreed! We've had quite a few variations of spam emails coming through, all from free domains, but also have viable business coming from those domains so blocking it is not a feasible option. Would love to see this feature become available ASAP!

jamabryan
Participant

This feature is really needed.

kdemavivas

Yes that would be amazing if we could integrate this feature!

SelinaK

@JoeMayall 
Hey Joe,

Do you know approximately how many upvotes an idea needs before HubSpot viably starts to consider it as a new feature? 

JoeMayall
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @SelinaK!

We use upvotes to gauge our customers' interest in a particular feature request. The more upvotes, the more we know our customers would like the feature. 

Upvotes on their own don't dictate our Product team's decision to develop a feature. Customer feedback, feature possibility, resources, and other factors are all considered, so we don't have a specific "count" a thread has to reach before it is developed.

More about how the Ideas Forum works can be found the Ideas Forum Management Guide: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Guidelines-Announcements/The-Ideas-Forum-Users-Guide/m-p/319112#M34

Best,
Joe
Ideas Forum Manager

pmalfara
Participant

This is a feature that is definitely needed.

I would also suggest a allowlisting feature as well. So if you want to block everyone from a certain domain but one individual, you have the ability to allowlist their specific email address.

J-Macc

Deleting all the spam that comes from gmail, yahoo, etc. is quite time consuming. As others have said, we get legitmate leads from those domains so we don't want to block the entirw domain, just the individual spammers. Please consider adding this feature. Thanks

KaraDM

Has this feature been implemented?

Siri
Contributor | Diamond Partner

I agree - we have a similar issue with spam in our Contact us form on our webpage. The same email address have submitted the same form three times on the same day ... It is still a legit domain, so we are not able to exclude it from the form. Would be great to include a new property or something which would be something like "Spam - yes or no", and if the contact property is yes, it would automatically be excluded from all forms from HubSpot. 🙂

CoJoGo

This should exist - It is a basic function in other platforms. We just saw the same email used on 12 submissions in a row - which triggered workflows and tasks and API integrations. Why is this not under consideration? It's vital.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This really needs to be a feature. Seems pretty intuitive...

marshah
Contributor

As usual, a feature we've been asking about for three YEARS, ignored.

Jumbla

Don't complain guys - you're probably only dropping $20-$30k a year on the product. Getting a complex and multifaceted function like this is out of the question!

Merle1

This feature would be incredibly useful for us. Upvote!!!

foss99
Participant

So need this - the amount of spam we get from gmail.com is huuuge. But then we also get real leads from there too. So we need the ability to block individual emails.

AnnemarieTN
Participant | Partner

This is a  must have!

We keep getting offers from the same person and he is really starting to annoy us. We don't want him in our CRM and he keeps summiting the contact form!

tcarson710

Still a massive need for this. Our company usually receives well over 300 emails daily - a chunk of these come from spammers. Having to the ability to block those on an individual level would be fantastic (and allow our team's productivity to increase). 

adeleif
Participant

This is an absolute must. We need to be able to stop individuals, for instance with a gmail address, from continually spam-submitting a form.