HubSpot Ideas

Shay

Allow blocking of an individual email address on a form

Migrated from legacy feedback forum with 32 votes.

Our Contact Us form is being spammed by someone who is using a gmail.com domain. Since we do get valid submissions from gmail accounts on this form we cannot block the entire domain.

It would be great if there was a feature which would allow us to block individual emails or alternatively block a contact record altogether.

103 Comentarios
Andy_Donaldson
Participante

Completly agree here - same happening to us and need to remove a few specific emails to be able to solve the problem. 

TJ_Price
Colaborador

Agreed - Upvote

CraigBailey
Colaborador | Partner nivel Platinum

+1 to this

I have a contact that is spamming my contact form every few hours - they must have some kind of robo submitter.

Being able to block just their email address would be so useful.

AndrewTurley
Miembro

this seems like a very simple fix, and clearly we're not alone with this issue. a repeat spammer using a gmail address should be one-click to block.

beth_hawks
Miembro

This is MUCH needed- the spammiest submissions are always on Gmail! lol

wheelhouseit
Miembro

We would like to see this too - www.wheelhouseit.com

lmayberry
Miembro

I would also like to see this function set up. I agree to manually access every form that we have created in order to block spammers and anyone else that we need to block is time-consuming. Would love to have one blocklist that we can use to block from the whole site if possible.

WANDP
Miembro

This would be a good idea - we have experienced the same issue. You can block domains but not individual email addresses so it makes it tricky when the emails come from @gmail.com 

AstridvanDam
Colaborador

For us, a feature with which you can block specific email addresses, or even better contacts, would be great! In this way we can avoid specific competitors to get access to our content.

AlexisM
Participante

Agreed, it would be a real time saver to apply this to all forms globally. It is a pain to update when you have to go through each form individually. 

bobbymoon
Participante

For Forms and Email. Definitely, need a blocklist!

LollipopRob
Colaborador

@Shay 

It has been a couple of years since this issue was pointed out, any updates yet?

clioi
Colaborador líder

Hi @Shay - any updates on this? Thanks

mkarsten
Colaborador líder

Agree that this is needed. We're having the same issue that several other comments noted.  Blocking by specific email would be helpful.

ScottLambert

I get repeated solicitors using a gmail or other personal email accounts submitting contact forms. It would be extremely helpful to block individual email addresses for spammers and solicitors.

ScottLambert

Almost all our spam emails come from Gmail email addresses. However, we don't want to block the entire Gmail domain because there are also legitimate contact requests. It would be great to block an individual Gmail email address or contact for those who continue to spam you through forms with their Gmail address.

cbmb
Colaborador

A feature with which you can block specific email addresses would be great or mark them as spam.

hdt
Miembro

Yes this would be incredibly useful!!

stevedevans1981
Miembro

This would be hugely beneficial for me also, if individual email addresses can be blocked from submitting forms. I am getting one person spamming our form using our own company domain, and this is why domain blocking won't work for us

marshah
Colaborador

I don't suppose they've fixed this either? I mean it's only been THREE YEARS since it was requested.