HubSpot Ideas

Shay

Allow blocking of an individual email address on a form

Migrated from legacy feedback forum with 32 votes.

Our Contact Us form is being spammed by someone who is using a gmail.com domain. Since we do get valid submissions from gmail accounts on this form we cannot block the entire domain.

It would be great if there was a feature which would allow us to block individual emails or alternatively block a contact record altogether.

103 Replies
Shay
HubSpot Product Team

Migrated from legacy feedback forum with 72 votes.

It would be nice to have the option of blocking spammy email domains from all forms rather than adding these domains to each form individually.

joelichty
Participant

Would also be nice for blocking competitors across all forms.

Olivermills

We are having trouble blocking competitors who sign up to our emails using personal email accounts. This would be solved with a similar email block feature.

jkhufford

This would be a handy feature! We are also experiencing similiar issue with someone submitting the same form multiple times. 

James-Nichols
Contributor

This feature would be great!  I know a specific competitor is accessing all of our content under a fake email address. We also have good leads come in from domains like gmail.com, yahoo.com, etc.

Olivermills

To add to this, it would be most useful if we block these emails from all our forms, not have to block them manually on each form.

bdupriest

I agree, a feature allowing us to block individual email addresses or specific contact records would be very helpful.

Kflaherty

This would be great. Has any traction been made on this feature?

gwelch

Please do this. Having to delete multiple emails from unwanted users is ridiculous and wasting everyone who receives notifications time.

ZoricaT08

It would be great if we could block one email address globally (like we can do for the domain). It is not practical to block it in all forms, so we please consider this property.

mrspabs
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

Agreed, this should be global. its crazy that we need to do it for each form

HeidiCG
Participant

Please add this feature. We routinely get spammed from the same contact with the same message 3-5 times a day. We already implemented CAPTCHA and we can't block by domain as we get legitimate leads from gmail.

We've had this issue since March and there has been no word about it being on the horizon as a feature.

clioi
Top Contributor

yes please, we need this!!

Em_M

I'm also in need of this. Receiving an abundance of spam type comments at the moment.

sdoherty
Participant

This would be great! 

AnnikaR_ML
Participant | Gold Partner

I also think this should be a global feature on all accounts. It's time consuming to have to blocklist domains on every new form.

Jumbla

Another elementary feature lacking in Hubspot. Have a real love/hate with the platform. This has got to be a simple fix - blocklisting a whole domain (particularly Gmail) is ridiculous.

georgemarket8
Contributor | Platinum Partner

This would be great if it exists. It is really a pain to go by each form and block the same domains.

I suggest to having the options to deactivate/override this settings on the form level though.

Thank you,

jdante
Participant

I came here to post this idea. It's also important to have a universal blocklist you can update across all active forms so you can update it immediately if a competitor gets through to prevent them from downloading any more content. We've had this come up more times than I can remember.

karolineb2bml
Participant | Elite Partner

I agree - it would be great to be able to customise which email domains you can block.