HubSpot Ideas

roarkjanis

Allow attachments received in emails to log to CRM

When logging emails to CRM, allow the attachments to be placed into or linked with the Deal or Contact.

HubSpotからのアップデート
ステータスに更新: Delivered
March 24, 2020 12:46 PM

Hi HubSpot community, 

We're doing some housekeeping of the ideas forum here and this post popped on my radar. As mentioned above, this functionality is currently supported in the HubSpot CRM. I'm going to move this to the status of "delivered".  As always, thank you for your continued input on our product. 

June 19, 2018 12:11 PM

Bugger, sorry about that! Please use this form instead: https://goo.gl/forms/E5ArmzGTA5EGhpXk2

Re: Allow attachments received in emails to log to CRM - changed to: In Beta
June 19, 2018 11:44 AM

This is currently in beta! Once ungated for the new functionality, we will not drop email attachments and images from emails that are logged in the CRM. We are planning to roll this out fairly slowly to make sure everything is performant, so if you would like to be a part of the beta, please fill in this form and I'll ungate you: https://goo.gl/forms/E5ArmzGTA5EGhpXk2.

116件のコメント
Lu2Swag
投稿者

We have been relying on this functionality working in the Conversations Inbox... I didnt realise the attachments in the Sales Hub is still in Beta....?! 

If a contact has forwarded an email with attachments and even worse forwarded an email with an email attached that includes attachments they dont populate! This might sound overly complicated but it is a fairly normal occurance for companies sending PO/Quotes and Orders across multiple departments.

The functionality showing attachments within Hubspot is not reliable. 

KalebMertz
参加者 | Solutions Partner

This is a necessary feature. Hope this happens soon!

MikeRodgers
メンバー

DanielBLM
メンバー

How does one get in on this Beta?

matthewpond
メンバー
I feel this will be an absolute disaster for our company.  We use Hubspot to store attachments and as an electronic filing system, including contracts that are finalized, sometimes there are 10 or more email exchanges in negotiating a contract. What is happening now is that each time an email is exchanged the draft contract is automatically added.  We could have 10 versions of the contract added and would have to open each document to figure out which one is the correct one. Email signatures are being added as JPG's - these are of no consequence and are quickly piling up as attachments.  If this doesn't stop we will quickly have a ton of junk attachments.  We love using Hubspot but if this continues it will throw our entire system of electronic organizing into chaos and we may need to find another CRM.  While some of your clients might appreciate this automatic adding of documents we would strongly prefer to OPT OUT.  Having an OPT OUT would provide flexibility for all of your clients.

gelflex-cc
キーアドバイザー

@matthewpond Just a question - Don't you rename the document in case you need to go back a few steps? Like v1; v2; final?

LauraA
投稿者

We also don't want this feature, and don't appreciate that we can't opt-out. HubSpot has not given anyone a choice and is now keeping all emailed documents on their servers. It's a privacy issue, and I agree also an organizational one. The attachments section is a mess and is not useful to us. An option to opt-out would be excellent but should have been implemented by default.

criemensnider
メンバー

Now that this feature is rolled out, there needs to be an opt-out feature. When all of the attachments are automatically siphoned up, it adds far too much irrelevant data. We use Hubspot to negotiate contract terms with clients. In the course of a contract negotiation, we send many drafts back and forth and they're all getting added to the profile for that company. In addition, any signatures that are added as JPEG's to the end of emails are also picked up and added to a company profile. This results in lots of superfluous data being added as attachments to company profiles. When it comes time to find attachments on a company profile, we now have to wade through a sea of irrelevant documents. If this feature is to be retained, there needs to be a way to turn it off.  

Momenta
投稿者

We've been voicing the same concern. This is not just a bad design decision on Hubspot's part, it is a viloation of several data privacy statues. Please see my direct note to Nicholas Knoop, thier Data Privacy Officer. Given that this has been over 3 months ago, we can only surmise that complying with such rules is not a priority. If you feel the same, please email privacy@hubspot.com.

I’m writing this out of last resort, to notify you of a long-standing data privacy concern and GDPR violation. I’ve tried in good faith to work this through your support team over the last 3 months but have been underwhelmed with their handling of this.

Here are the facts (please referenced support ticket xxxxx):

• Sometime around October of this Hubspot enabled a feature to start logging attachments from emails as part of the CRM record. You did not notify your users, and thus did so without specific opt-in permission, a clear violation of user trust and data privacy laws. You also did not provide the requisite controls to allow us to disable this feature or permanently delete such information.  
  • Our business deals in confidential information (CVs, M&A, Data Rooms) and we were put into risk as many of these files were not available to our full team and your support team.
  • I notified your support team on October 20th, 2019 requesting to disable that feature. We were told simply not to BCC such documents, which is near impossible given our team being trained to BCC almost everything.
  • I subsequently notified your support over ten times requesting the status of the ticket. I was asked to speak with your EU legal counsel which I declined as this GDPR violation was clear. I even provided industry examples of how your peer companies have provided such features right from the beginning. Domencia Paccione, our account representative finally sent me a direct message asking me not to post this concern any longer.
  • On or about Jan 1, I noted that your development team added a check box on the attachment file delete screen that allowed for permanent deletion of the file.
  • On Jan 23rd, Hubspot released a privacy policy update that made it my responsibility to not upload Sensitive Information.

We’ve worked in good faith to resolve this issue. At the very least, we would have expected you to roll back this feature until it could be legally and properly rolled-out with notification and opt-in. Unfortunately, such data privacy does not seem to be a concern for Hubspot. I do not want to escalate this to data privacy regulators, but we also can’t be put at continued risk from your lack of response.

Therefore, I request the following:

1. This collection of attachment data be rolled back until you have legally allowed for opt.in.
  2. You perpetually and permanently delete all our attachments, at least weekly. We expressly forbid you from sharing this information with any third-party or anyone internally at Hubspot without our express permission.

If this is not complete by the end of January, I’ll start a formal complaint with the Swiss authorities and under California law as we are present in both.

Regards,

LauraA
投稿者

Thank-you Momenta for this.

I have the same issue, but was just told it was what "people" wanted. I too need an opt-out; at this point we have not registered employees who should not see the attachments as HubSpot users, but that has reduced HubSpot's value.

To whoever reads this the above at HubSpot, please don't just make a work-around for the people who demand it, but actually add an Opt-Out feature to this functionality.

Momenta
投稿者

Good News! They've resolved this. See note from Nicholas Knoop:

Hi Ken,

HubSpot’s product team is in the process of improving this feature.

We’ve added a way to allow accounts to opt out of all attachment processing with 1:1 email. This opt out will prevent all attachments from being processed for your entire HubSpot account (including 1:1 emails and emails in Conversations).  These attachments would include inline images (like a photo in a signature) and any files attached to the email itself.

If you would like us to opt out of attachment processing, please reply to this email and include your HubID.

Further, we can delete all attachments that have been processed or logged to date from your account to date. Please note, this will cause all attachments (including inline images) to be deleted from your account. For example, images in an email signature block will break and no longer be visible in the logged email.  

Please let us know if you would like us to process this deletion as well.

Thanks,
Nick

mkskild
メンバー

This would have been a good idea, except the idea was to ALLOW attachments to be added to the associated records, not to automatically associate every. single. attachment. Our contacts are getting CLOGGED with attachments and so we have to sift through 20 or so to find the one we need. Just as with the "Log" and "Track" options from a gmail account, this should have been "add attachments". Now when I want to send a document and track if the reader opens it, I will get that document attached to their account - I do not need copies of documents I already have. In general, our team finds Hubspot difficult to navigate and find the information we need quickly, and this is just another example of that. Very disappointed. 

LauraA
投稿者

@MomentaWere you able to have this successfully resolved?

I was contacted as well with the same message, and finally as of last week no new attachments are being saved, but the old one are all still there. I have been told that they would be removed, but I don't seem to be getting responses anymore.

Momenta
投稿者

I was specifically asked if we wanted to delete old files, but it would have removed all files (including those we wanted to have there), so we declined. I've been slowly and painfully deleting (including marking the deletions as permanent). I don't see another way, given their fumbling of this roll out.

ステータスに更新: Delivered
Dylan
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Hi HubSpot community, 

We're doing some housekeeping of the ideas forum here and this post popped on my radar. As mentioned above, this functionality is currently supported in the HubSpot CRM. I'm going to move this to the status of "delivered".  As always, thank you for your continued input on our product. 

beezwings
メンバー

Is this possible with inline attachments? Many customers send me inline photos which I need to record. What's the easiest way to get those into their contact record's "attachment" section?