HubSpot Ideas

roarkjanis

Allow attachments received in emails to log to CRM

When logging emails to CRM, allow the attachments to be placed into or linked with the Deal or Contact.

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
March 24, 2020 12:46 PM

Hi HubSpot community, 

We're doing some housekeeping of the ideas forum here and this post popped on my radar. As mentioned above, this functionality is currently supported in the HubSpot CRM. I'm going to move this to the status of "delivered".  As always, thank you for your continued input on our product. 

June 19, 2018 12:11 PM

Bugger, sorry about that! Please use this form instead: https://goo.gl/forms/E5ArmzGTA5EGhpXk2

Re: Allow attachments received in emails to log to CRM - changed to: In Beta
June 19, 2018 11:44 AM

This is currently in beta! Once ungated for the new functionality, we will not drop email attachments and images from emails that are logged in the CRM. We are planning to roll this out fairly slowly to make sure everything is performant, so if you would like to be a part of the beta, please fill in this form and I'll ungate you: https://goo.gl/forms/E5ArmzGTA5EGhpXk2.

116 Replies
LauraA
Contributor

@raylawrence

We are using HubSpot as our only CRM. I wouldn't say we have a lot of attachments being sent to clients that are sensitive, but even the occasional one is an issue. And keeping it "in email" isn't the solution, it is the problem. The majority of our communication is being sent via Outlook email, but it's synced to HubSpot (which we want), and now those attachments are being saved to HubSpot with no ability to delete them, with no way to opt-out except for choosing not to save the communication at all.

And at the moment, as far as I can tell, I don't think HubSpot is automatically saving incoming attachments. I hope not because that would be a deal-breaker for us. According to our NDAs, we'd have to reduce the Users on HubSpot to a number so low as to not be a useful tool to us anymore.

Again, I doubt that we're unique. There has to be other companies out there that don't want attachments automatically uploaded to the cloud.

raylawrence
Participant

@LauraA

We had the opposite issue. We need attachments in and out. We raised it as blocker via HS channels and were able to get a beta functionality preview that's still a work in progress. So my comments should be viewed from that perspective.

Seems our use case is quite different to yours. 

LauraA
Contributor

@raylawrence

Yes, it's seems our companies are are quite different. That's exactly why we need a good set of tools to be able to opt-in/ out of this feature. Some companies may want everything saved, some nothing, some maybe only for certain users, and other maybe only certain customers. We need full control to make these decisions as required for each company.

I have also sent the issue to the HubSpot Support team.

Evans4316
Contributor

I would concur that if an attachment is deleted, it really needs to be deleted...permanently.  There are good reasons for deleting it.  You can certainly ask 'Are you sure you want to delete this file'...but if a user says 'yes', then the file should be permanently deleted from Hubspot.  

Thanks!

Rubi

Hello all, 

I am tring to join the BETA or get an idea is it possible to send an e-mail to the HUBSPOT with an attachment.

I will appreciate your help - 

1. How can I join the BETA? I tried to reach this product manager - no answer.

2. Is it possible in the new version to log attachments with the e-mails send to the Hubspot.

Thanks

nmcuong91

@Sophie_Higgs Please kindly add me to the Beta. I would like to use function of including attachment in income email.

Thank you.

KSheppy

This is a feature offered by less expensive CRM systems, and is VITAL in easing the sales to order process.  As a company that is currently implementing Hubspot's Sales Hub, it is the #1 question I am asked and the users are ALWAYS disappointed they have to save, and upload.  It needs to flow over when "Log to CRM" is selected within Outlook 365 as an attachment on that contact record. 

Evans4316
Contributor

There is a beta version of this out. Scroll through the comments for the website link. We have been using it and it is working well.

Lucasnguyen91

@Sophie_Higgs How could all of my team under domain @homewarecrafts.com can join this beta program? 

THanks you.

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

This happened to me today. I was so surprised when I went into contact records and saw all the attachments. 

This is huge.  I see it is in Beta and can't wait for a general release.

🙂

HubSpotMaster
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Need to allow greater file size. 

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

Is this in Beta for everyone or specific people?

Hawk-Steve
Top Contributor

While it is a must-have feature, I would hate for signature images/logos from people getting turned into files that are attached to contacts/companies/deals. Hopefully this will get addressed with the Beta

Hendrik_B

Good morning from Switzerland, 

I would like to know what the status of this enhancement is? It says here "beta" since August 2017, and I am really missing this feature, which is a base functionality of a CRM from my point of view. 

Thanks!

iligou
Participant

Absolutely necessary. Re-uploading attachments is a pain.

annfisherjackso

Yes please!!!

LizO
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

How do we get in on the beta test ? 

JosieSA
Contributor

I believe this is fixed now. I just tested sending an email from Outlook with an attachment and I can see that email on my activity feed, with the attachment there and I can click to open the attachment. 

It seems to host the attachment on Hubspot as it opens a Hubspot URL with the same structure as what is for Hubspot Files.

However I cant find the attachment in my Files library. Perhaps Outlook attachments are saved somewhere inaccessible via the Files navigation (which I am ok with - it would mean I use Outlook to send confidential attachments that appear in the Contact's feed but not generally accessible in Files menu. )

If you attach a local file to an email sent from the Hubspot UI it saves the file into your Hubspot Files folder for all to see. 

Maybe Hubspot can update the documentation on this finer point? 

thanks 

Lu2Swag
Contributor

The attachment issue is not fixed. Not all attachments populated in Outlook are showing in Hubspot. This seems to be random. The full content of email messages is also not shown, so we are currently missing Purchase Orders and also content within the body of emails is not always fully populating. We have an example where every other line of an order is not shown in Hubspot. 

We cannot rely on Hubspot Service Hub showing the full information that our customers are sharing with us over email. 

There are a huge number of questions and queries regarding Service Hub - which is clearly still in Beta (although our 'success manager' says it isn't?) - as it is not functioning well enough to be relied upon by our customer service team. We are not seeing much Success..... this attachment issue is a critical one

JosieSA
Contributor

hmmm, noted. To be clear I have only tested this using Sales Hub (i.e. emailing from a Contact) and the Hubspot support consultant has informed me this is still in beta. I will make a point to check attachments over a wider sample of contacts 

thanks