HubSpot Ideas

roarkjanis

Allow attachments received in emails to log to CRM

When logging emails to CRM, allow the attachments to be placed into or linked with the Deal or Contact.

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
March 24, 2020 12:46 PM

Hi HubSpot community, 

We're doing some housekeeping of the ideas forum here and this post popped on my radar. As mentioned above, this functionality is currently supported in the HubSpot CRM. I'm going to move this to the status of "delivered".  As always, thank you for your continued input on our product. 

June 19, 2018 12:11 PM

Bugger, sorry about that! Please use this form instead: https://goo.gl/forms/E5ArmzGTA5EGhpXk2

Re: Allow attachments received in emails to log to CRM - changed to: In Beta
June 19, 2018 11:44 AM

This is currently in beta! Once ungated for the new functionality, we will not drop email attachments and images from emails that are logged in the CRM. We are planning to roll this out fairly slowly to make sure everything is performant, so if you would like to be a part of the beta, please fill in this form and I'll ungate you: https://goo.gl/forms/E5ArmzGTA5EGhpXk2.

116 Replies
LindaAbraham
Contributor

This suggestion had almost 200 votes on the old ideas platform. It's a really important feature and its absence hurts.

CydneyFoote

We really need this feature (which I consider critical) to be linked to gmail.

rothperson

Being able to save e-mails with files attached is an important feature for us. SalesForce has it!! 

novalis
This feature is very important for us, too!
Jbooth

It should defintiely be an option as "Log to CRM" is an option with every email. 

The attachments function wihtin the CRM needs alot of work. To attach multiple files to a record takes far too long, why is there no bulk select?

wearecrunch
Participant

HI,

When I send or recieve an e-mail, the e-mail correspondance will be placed in my hubspot contact, that is smart.

But it would be even smarter if attachements in e-mails would also be placed in the attachments under the contact or company, so you do not need to do it manually every time you send a file.

Thank you

Jo1
Participant

Absolutely necessary - having to remember to save the email attachments is a bit of a pain. Many thanks

dannyvarley

Am shocked this feature doesn't exist already - a must - send to the top of the list.

animonkar

Please add this feature!  It will save all HS users the time it takes to upload attachments.

Thanks!

ernopyykko
Top Contributor

This is on my list of questions from the sales team as well. 
Anyone heard anything back on this?

LindaAbraham
Contributor

@ernopyykko Just deafening, frustrating silence.

dannyvarley

Why is there no response on this? It was really popular on the old idea platform.

@roarkjanis wrote:

When logging emails to CRM, allow the attachments to be placed into or linked with the Deal or Contact.

asimut-dennis
Participant

I am honestly also chocked by the absence of this feature! Your servers receive the emails (BCC and Forward) with the attachments, so why exclude the attachments when saving the emails in your system?

Our previous CRM system, Highrise, had this feature of course and I did not expect at all that I had to check that this feature existed in Hubspot CRM as well before we made our choice to switch system...

I really, really hope this feature will be added soon!

Otavio

I agree that this funcionallity is critical. Hubspot should definitely implement it ASAP and the absence of this affects our whole company directly. 

Stuart1
Participant

Hi There,

This really would be helpful and beneficial.

Please could it be considered!

Participant

Absolutely critical time-saver for us. We need Hubspot CRM to automatically add anything we attach to an email going out to a client and load it as an attachment in the client's History. Similarly, anythingwe forward in to Hubspot must take any attachments from the forwardede email and load those straight in too. Otherwise it's doubling the workload - send an email, find a file, load it in....so many reasons why this reduces the likelihood of people actually doing it. PLEASE make this feature a priority!

artemtour

we really need this feature back to track attachments sent to leads, also most customers prefer to receive attachments than links.... 

please get it back to work. Smiley Sad

1jb

Yep this gets my vote, or a button to add the docs in an email to the crm

simonlunteds

I agree with this suggestion - a drag and drop solution would be a good compromise.

Also - the option to tick if you want the attachment logged would be good.

I assume this hasn't been implemented as a lot of users are using the free version and lots of attachments would significantly increase the storage required on the cloud.  If this is the case then add it to the Pro version.

Thanks

beck12
Participant

Just started using HubSpot.  Couldn't figure out why email attachments weren't showing up in the contact's timeline.  This seriously isn't included in the HubSpot software?  How could this be?  I have to pinpoint emails that originally had attachments and manually upload them to each contact?  That could be a dealbreaker.  This is nuts.  Any update on this?