Allow Workflows to specify deal properties

Right now Workflows can only be used to create a deal with limited options i.e. name/close date/amount.

As such, when our customers fill up a sign up form, we aren't able to populate new deals with any information that relates to the sign up. This can only be done at the contact level. This is important to us because we need to track various properties at the deal level.

We'd like for workflows to be able to have an option to 'specify deal property' or have additional fields upon creating a deal. 

HubSpot updates
Allow Workflows to specify deal propertiesHubSpot Product Team
changed to: In Beta
12-14-2018

Deal-based workflows are now in beta. If you'd like access, you can email me with your Hub ID at bwu@hubspot.com.  

changed to: Idea Submitted
12-14-2018

Thanks for voting for this idea! If this is something you would benefit from, please comment here with information on how you'd like to use it or email me directly at bwu@hubspot.com.

changed to: Delivered
12-14-2018

Deal-based workflows have now been released out of beta and are available to all Sales Pro and Sales Enterprise portals. 

83 Replies
HSVS
Regular Contributor

This is a function that is essential for lead reporting and lead management.... I can't believe a solution like HubSpot is missing this...

VagaeNatus
Advisor

@bellawu

Please, please, please, when you work on this feature, take a holistic approach to it so you do it first time right. Setting deal values with workflow may mean multiple things. In instance, I believe here you should bring deal object flexibility with workflows to the level of the contact object. That means:

1/ Create Action "Set Deal Property Value"

2/ Create Action "Copy Deal Property Value"

3/ Create Action "Clear Deal Property Value"

4/ Create Action "Increase Deal Property Value"

Best, 

Adrien

Kmoloo
Regular Contributor

Me too.  I'd like to be able to set contract expiration dates and renewal dates automatically, a certain number of days out from the create date

FlorianR
New Contributor

want it !!

Jeff-Hensiek
Regular Contributor

I think this makes a lot of sense...I too would like to be able to have a workflow trigger a deal record to be reassigned to a different HubSpot owner if/when certain criteria are met (or are not achieved).

In my case, I've learned that some of my sales team isn't following a predetermined sales process.  In this case, I'd like to be able to have a workflow that reassigns the deal record to a different sales rep.

hansenhunt
Occasional Contributor

This kills me not having the functionality. Ideally, we should be able to run companies and deals through workflows just like we do with contacts which then allows us to set deal properties with workflows.

I alone waste 10 hours per month because the tool cannot do this. 

blaxxun
Visitor

Is this happening? Would be a major thing for us! Especially for setting the Deal source. Thanks :-)

Eleven11
Top Contributor

I would love to hear from HubSpot if this is being considered. It seems like there is no reason to not allow us to set properties for a deal record on deal creation. Right now we can only set owner/close date/name/stage. This wouldn't be hard to roll out options for all field and add them to the "Create Deal" workflow process. More complex deal automation could get very hairly since contacts can have multiple deals, but why not let us set the properties on deal creation. 

We need this to set the source for the deal. Right now we have to use Zapier to make this happen. 

SEAnswers
New Contributor

Very important!!!

Through workflow you should be able to have a function "Duplicate Deal" with the opportunity to assign it to a new Pipeline.

lh
Regular Contributor

We're trying to move a contact property (use case) over to a deal property field. With thousands of deals in our system to update, I do not want to do it manually. Even better would be the ability to bulk edit deal properties from a filtered contacts search.