HubSpot Ideas

lilybond

Allow Workflow Re-Enrollment When Property Value Changes

We have many workflows where we want to re-enroll someone when a property value changes. For example, if Territory changes from Northeast to West, we would want to trigger reassignment. We can't clear that property because it is used for other workflows.

I understand we can use a workaround of adding people to lists and triggering workflows off of list creation, but this is a roundabout way to solve something that could be fixed very easily by allowing re-enrollment based on property value changes.

6 Replies
bellawu
HubSpot Product Team

You can do this with re-enrollment in workflows as outlined in this article: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/workflows/how-do-i-set-up-a-workflow-to-enroll-co.... If you set the workflow enrollment trigger to "Territory is known" and then enabble re-enrollment for that trigger. 

bellawu
HubSpot Product Team

lilybond
Contributor

But the property is not being cleared, so the fact that it is known will not change - the value itself will change. Is that incorrect? Will it trigger again if the value changes, even if it doesn't change to known?

bellawu
HubSpot Product Team

Yes, setting re-enrollment on the value being known triggers anytime the value changes, even if it does not get cleared. 

CMeyer3

We are facing the same issue, and it becomes especially cumbersome to enroll contacts based on lists if we are looking at something like the US State value changing.  That's FIFTY different lists or workflows we have to build!

For example, if a contact's state is CA and then it changes to CO, we need them to be re-enrolled in the workflow.  From my past experience, setting the trigger to whether the property is known will not trigger the re-enrollment.  In fact, with past efforts of a similar kind, it was someone in HubSpot who suggested I use smartlists as enrollment triggers instead.

csymphony
Participant

This would be a high-value feature. In my case there's a need for dynamic enrollment based on positive/negative list membership.

We want to to enroll, remove, and re-enroll contacts in workflows based on multiple list memberships. (We have complex enrollment qualification criteria across several properties that regularly change - like deal stage, current products used, etc. - so I use lists instead of enrollment triggers to allow us to apply those criteria to multiple workflows without tons of manual work.)  

Currently, Hubspot does not allow re-enrollment in a workflow based on [contact property] is not a member of [list]. This is what they suggested: 

1. Create a contact list "Excluded contacts" to define should be excluded from workflows (criteria: multiple disqualifying factors specific to my company)

2. Create a contact list "Not a member of excluded contacts" to define who should NOT be excluded from workflows (criteria: not a member of "Excluded contacts")

3. Trigger workflow enrollment based on positive list membership [contact] is a member of [Not a mebmer of excluded contacts] + other custom criteria we use 

4. Set re-enrollment criteria based on [contact list membership] is a member of [Not a mebmer of excluded contacts] (instead of is not a member pf excluded contacts)

The problem here is that it still requires a lot of manual work. For item #2 above (create a contact list to exclude suppressed contacts) it only tells me who fails to meet disqualification criteria, but within that segment of contacts there are dozens of other factors that define whether they are in fact qualified. (Not disqualified ≠ qualified). More granular control over re-enrollment would go a long way in saving time and customizing workflows! 

Screenshot 2021-06-30 115926.png