HubSpot Ideas

nick_lanspa

Allow Updates on Original Source Drill-Down Fields

We have multiple cases for needing to update values for "Original Source Drill-Down 1" and "Original Source Drill-Down 2." The cases run from non-specific values from API integrations to UTM_Campaign value updates for Google Ad campaigns. 

I understand that this value is originally set by Hubspot, but I don't understand why they don't allow admin's manually update values after. This inability is impacting our data and reports in hubspot, our CRM, and our external reporting tools. It is very frustrating that we cannot clean up our own data.

HubSpot Updates
Being Reviewed
December 15, 2021 05:42 PM

14 Replies
Participant

It's difficult to track the actual source that convinced a contact to convert or complete a form. The original source does not reflect the most recent ad campaign or source that was actually related to this occurance. It would be nice if another property field was created to reference the most recent campaign used. So creating a field that is updated to represent the true value of what original source drill down 2 should be. The content should be the most recent conversion event..

JoelGarthwaite

In the odd instance manually noting an incorrect UTM field is fine but if you have many external partners using UTM codes you've provided - like us - then mistakes are likely to be happening all the time. It make reporting an absolute nightmare too.

There has to be a way to manually correct Drill-down's as HubSpot calls them as making notes on errors isn't sustainable or scalable in the long run.

josephfung
Participant

+1.

In all seriousness, how is this still a limitation?

I can understand how people "outgrow" HubSpot as a CRM, but keep it as a MAP, but I don't see how you could effectively scale lead acquisition activities without this ability. 🙄

oboote

Absolutely required - clearly they're not "read-only" as they can be erased (by editing Original Source) - so at least let us correct them properly.

I now have incorrect capture of data in drilldown 1 which will rear its ugly head for MONTHS in report until the period simply falls off charts - unless I make some single-use custom field + workflows to populate it and train everyone to use this duplicate field instead. The thought of managing that going forwards makes me want to hang myself.

PS: SERIOUSLY labour intensive but I suspect you actually can correct this issue by creating duplicate contacts with correct values using the Forms API and then MERGING them - but it will take tooling and manual work.

LKrause
Participant

Totally do NOT understand why these fields are not editable.  Huge fail on behalf of Hubspot which claims to be great for tracking ROI efforts.  How can this even be reliable if we can't fix/update these fields when incorrect data is input?  My only work around I can think of is to create my own drill down fields and use those - not sure how that would impact any other reports though.   

dmastin
HubSpot Product Team

AEugene
Participant

+1

EmDownham

+1 on all objects 😄

LMartin7

+1 Thanks 

dsecareanu
Top Contributor

The biggest issue with the Original/Latest Source drill-down 1 & 2 is that they're not editable (read only) but are reset when the Original/Latest Source is modified (which makes sense in certain use cases). However, if you modify (by mistake or not) the Original/Latest Source you lose the data in the drill-downs and even though these remain in the property history, you cannot restore them anymore... Is there a way to modify these via API maybe?

Chorany1
Member | Partner

+1

nicolebansal
Participant

+1

BasWelhuis
Member | Platinum Partner

For proper tracking this is crucial. Please update!

simao_oliveira
Participant

This is also a serious limitation for us. We have automation running which is correcting these field's values, but we only realized that we could not update their content when all the work was done. Seems crazy this isn't editable, whereas you can set the original source via API.