HubSpot Ideas

mpike

Allow Super Admins to "Impersonate" other users (or log-in as them)

Haven't seen this setting - if it exists, feel free to jump in!

As a super admin - I would like the ability to log-in as or impersonate other users. This would allow me to diagnose issues and ensure settings are correct more easily.

For example - changing the bcc email address for one user - I could log into the others accounts and change that for all rather than 1) having all their passwords 2) going over to their computers to change it for them or 3) relying on them to change it themselves.

Our CMS has this feature and our CRM (Sugar CRM) has this feature and it is very useful.

52 Replies
Ceridwen1971
Participant

How do we access said feature? This sounds like it would work.

SComeau
Top Contributor

It is active now! But you must be an Enterprise user https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/log-in-as-another-hubspot-user

Ceridwen1971
Participant

We are and I just located it! Can't wait to try it out with my team!!!!

SComeau
Top Contributor

@Ceridwen1971 Awesome! I really love the feature, especially with new users!!

heyemmibee
Member | Elite Partner

Glad to see this new feature is up and running!

Although, the main reason we needed it was to bulk update profile pictures for our client's CSC Chat users. It seems that information (first name, last name, profile picture) is protected and only accessible to individuals. I can understand why that's in place, but we'd like to be able to edit our user's profile pictures to make a company-wide logo change, and the process of updating everyone's picture, more consistent and efficient.

hannahflat
Contributor

@ASykes are there any plans to make this available to professional level users? 

SComeau
Top Contributor

@heyemmibee Yes, we would LOVE to be able to upload profile pictures. That is a great point for something that is missing. Also the ability to change their name. We have had some people with name changes keep forgetting and it can be very confusing for reporting! We should be able to control these things as an Admin.

heyemmibee
Member | Elite Partner

@SComeau Agreed! Even the little things like individuals who have their name in ALL CAPS 😩

It'd be much more convenient to quickly make those updates on our end, instead of having to ask and walk people through it... 

JenniferErena
Contributor
@ASykes that is always the big question with every valuable improvement. It's all about pushing PROs to spend $$$$$ more to go to Enterprise.
ASykes
HubSpot Product Team

@hannahflat currently there aren't any plans to make it available on the Pro tier level but this is something we will continue to review and will update if that changes. If you want to send me an email directly to asykes@hubspot.com with the use case for your portal - I can also make a detailed note for the team 🙂

ASykes
HubSpot Product Team

User Impersonation is now live in all Enterprise portals!

(this is a duplicate thread of this Idea post here so updating the status to Delivered 🎉)

We have a detailed knowledge base outlining how to use the new feature: 

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/log-in-as-another-hubspot-user

katmcdonough

+1 on the fact that this should be available on Pro plans. 

I totally get the need for Enterprise-only features, but settings and permissions like this should be table stakes. I operate a one-employee company and have VAs help me with admin work, and it's not a great experience to need to log in and out with their credentials to update settings like an email signature. Would be delightful if you considered bringing this to Pro - I always recommend Hubspot to all clients and partners but my use case/budget isn't a fit for Enterprise so it's unfortunate to hit these types of snags.