HubSpot Ideas

Herschel

Allow Specific Feedback on Knowledge Base Articles

Present visitors who mark a Knowledge Base article as unhelpful with a form to submit specific feedback as to why the article was not helpful. This would allow us to actually address the issues that visitors are experiencing.

Idealy with the feedback form would allow for the option for both multiselect choices of common issues and open text fields for more specific feedback.

Would be great to be able to see this feedback data from the Knowledge Base Insights dashboard.

86 Replies
Oeyaas
Participant

This is something that we also would have great use off, as mentioned in this thread a simple "yes" or "no" if the article was helpful doesn't really give us too much and requires alot more work compared to a comment section where we could get specific feedback.

Really hope this can be implemented.

Hail

Agree this would be helpful

nthatcher-airbr
Contributor

@goconnor 

I would also like to add some additional requested features to the question that you asked @nikkiv 
1. For lack of clarity or mistakes on the KB article, it would be awesome if the customer can refer back to the specific section in the KB article where they have a question or need more clarity/information. 
2. Regarding the Insights portion- We currently have search terms that are in other languages and therefore unable to read. Is there a translation option we could add here?
3. Are we able to get the insights and even the KB articles automatically translated based on the user IP location?  When creating an article, I noticed that we can select a single language for the article in the Setting tab, however, I am not seeing anything about translating current articles. 

Ewa

This idea is really AWESOME! Users can leave their feedback right after giving the vote Yes/No and thanks to that we know what's wrong. Instead of sending extra emails or correcting articles "by feel"

treimer

It amazes me that I can select how I feel about something in Beta testing (service portal) for Hubspot and leave a comment. But, I can't do that for knowledge base articles. 

f1oren

Hi 

@goconnor I also want to allow readers to leave a comment when they rate a knowledge base article. How to activate this feature?

Regards 

Florent

erica11
Top Contributor

This would be very useful

JMcKellow

For anyone who is interested, I devised a way round the lack of this feature.

I have a standard paragraph that I paste at the bottom of every new article. It asks was this helful, thanks them for reading and invites readers to reply and comment or ask a question.

I add an email link that I customise for the header title of the article. The email goes back to our support team.

I put it in a callout note, so it's like the footer of every article. 

I saved it in a word doc, so it's always the same text, and I update the email link each time.

However, most readers seem to prefer to just pick up the phone and call the support team..but it does give them the option to reply if they want, and is a good "end" of the article.

MWilliams3
Contributor

Where does the email / data go? 🕵️

DonClemento

+1

We need to ask the customer for a feedback when it's still relevant and fresh. 

Simple YES/No question is not helpful. This is a must.

Especially since HubSpot themself have exactly this option in their articles.

DonClemento

We need to turn this of, replace it with an custom feedback or we need this:
https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Allow-Specific-Feedback-on-Knowledge-Base-Articles/id...

Otherwise, it's not helpful and kinda laughable.

What benefit is there in knowing the yes/no rating of a article? 🙂

How many upvotes does a feature request need to be considered?

AStaffordFMN

It's available on Hubspots own help site so whatever knowledge base tool they use (obviously not their own) they think it's a good feature. 

All hubspot need to do is offer up the article rating No button as a input trigger into a form or CTS.

JMcKellow
HA ha - good point AStaffordFMN!!! Just shows they don't use their own product, so how can they know if it delivers!!
AStaffordFMN

If anyone is interested I have been able to utilise an embeded form to provide a text box with a submit button that can be added to the bottom section of  knowledge articles. It does sit above the current helpful Yes/No buttons but does send through an email with the page title and the entered text from the users to the specified user or groups in the form options.

To setup you can do the following:

1. in HS go to Marketing > Lead Capture > Forms
  2. Create an Embeded Form
  3. Create a new multi-line property to record the feedback comments
  4. Add this propery to the form
  5. You can remove the default email property if you don't want the user to provide it
  6. Choose the other form options as you need and then update
  7. Copy the form script code
  8. Edit your knoweldge article and insert an Embed item
  9. Paste in the script code into the embed item and save the article.
  10. View the article to see the embded form (see my example)
    AStaffordFMN_0-1658982157084.png

I included the embed object between two horizontal lines and also included a heading 4 text so I could tell there was something in the article because HS doesn't actually show you there is any object inserted in edit mode unless you select it (strange I know)

Hope this helps out peeps 🙂

EDavies22

Crazy to think that this has been sitting on the ideas board for two and a half years with no action! Clearly a valuable tool in meeting customer expectations and improving KB articles.

JMcKellow
You are absolutely right EDavies22. How can we get Hubspot to take notice of what their customers want?
nthatcher-airbr
Contributor

@AStaffordFMN How can you tell what KB article the customer is giving feedback for? Do the analytics/performance insights track the source of the feedback based on article URL or do you need to create a new feedback form for each individual KB article? 

JMcKellow
Ho folk,
The work around that I use to do this is to add a standard short paragraph at the end of each article, which I saved in a doc so I can copy and paste. The text invites feedback, etc, whatever wording you want. I use the same wording for each article, and put it in a callout Note box, below a horizontal line.
As part of the text I insert an email link that goes back to our support team. I edit the link for each article to show the header, or abbreviated header, of the article, so if a customer clicks to reply, the email subject is automatically populated.
Just another work around while Hubspot get round to looking at the enhancement we all want!
AStaffordFMN

@nthatcher-airbr hubspot seems to track the page that you have put the form on and when you get the email it provides the name (and link) back to the article page. You just need one form and can then add to any page you want. I am adding to ones that get a few hits on the unhelpful rating but you could add to every page if you wanted to. It's crude but it works.

It would be nice if we could trigger this form based on the No button for the article rating but I haven't been able to work that out as yet

JMcKellow
Great idea, I think your system is far better then mine - I will take some time to implement that, thank you.