HubSpot Ideas

Herschel

Allow Specific Feedback on Knowledge Base Articles

Present visitors who mark a Knowledge Base article as unhelpful with a form to submit specific feedback as to why the article was not helpful. This would allow us to actually address the issues that visitors are experiencing.

Idealy with the feedback form would allow for the option for both multiselect choices of common issues and open text fields for more specific feedback.

Would be great to be able to see this feedback data from the Knowledge Base Insights dashboard.

86 Replies
atma
Participant

Can ask the question: "Was this article helpful?" and have Yes/No voting buttons.

No vote would open a basic form for getting more info. Paragraph text for "How can we improve this article?" and email (optional).

In Service Hub, we should see this feedback in the dashboard and on each article page too.

goconnor
HubSpot Product Team

This feature is now in Beta. Please PM me with your hub id if you would like access to this feature Smiley Happy

nikkiv
Top Contributor

I would also like to have this feature. We want to measure our articles to see if people are finding them useful. 

Our Hub ID is 477905, can be added to the BETA for this? 

goconnor
HubSpot Product Team

@nikkiv this has been added to your hub Smiley Happy

nikkiv
Top Contributor

Great - thank you. We noticed this today. Where does this information go?? I submitted "YES" on one of are articles but where can I go to see this? 

Andreas
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Goconnor, Could my client get this feature aswell? 🙂 

I can email you their Hub ID if it's ok?

goconnor
HubSpot Product Team

@Andreas ye sure. Please PM me your client's details Smiley Happy

nikkiv
Top Contributor

@goconnor I found the feedback under the "insights" via show: "helpful feedback" vs "unhelpful" feedback. We submitted "unhelpful" for one article and it did ask for an email but where does this go? 

Is the intent to email the contact that provided the "unhelpful" feedback to reach out to them 1:1 to determine how to make it more helpful? 

Its nice to be able to rate the articles but if we can't determine why it was unhelpful then we don't have any actionable items. We can't make it more helpful without understanding why it wasn't in the first place. Need to have an email or comment section. 

goconnor
HubSpot Product Team

Currently, this information is added to the contact timeline of the contact that submitted the article feedback. We are currently exploring giving users the ability to easily see what customers left feedback on each article and also allowing the customer to give more information when they indicate that the article was unhelpful.

If you had this functionality could you see yourself actioning all of the feedback that you receive?

nikkiv
Top Contributor

@goconnorAbsolutely we would take action on this feedback. We want to provide quality information to our customers and if it isn't helpful then we would want to know why. 

nikkiv
Top Contributor

@goconnor - I was able to build a list that will compile users who provide feedback ratings. This will be helpful for now however I would like to see more analytics around this feature. 

goconnor
HubSpot Product Team

@nikkiv What are the other analytics you would like to see around this feature?

nikkiv
Top Contributor

@goconnor here are some initial thoughts: 

1. I like to see what terms people are searching for and what isn't found - my colleague submitted an idea around 'tags' I like this idea. 

2. I would like to have an easy way to see the contact of who is using the knowledge base - is it a new contact or returning? 

3. A feedback section to include specific information if the article isn't helpful - we want to understand why. 

nikkiv
Top Contributor

@goconnor @Brycelbrewer

Connor - Bryce had some suggestions for analytics - would it be possible to see who searched specific terms and then also any contact that has ever visited a specific article? 

Bryce - add anything I missed. 

goconnor
HubSpot Product Team

Herschel
Top Contributor

This idea is essentially the additional features requested but not yet implemented from this 'delivered' idea: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Allow-visitor-to-submit-feedback-on-Knowledge-Base-ar...

Herschel
Top Contributor

I have submitted a new idea for the additional features requested but not yet implemented from this idea: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Allow-Specific-Feedback-on-Knowledge-Base-Articles/id...

sbacookie
Contributor

Awesome idea. Is great for community driven companies. 

JoeMayall
HubSpot Alumni

Hi HubSpot Community,

My name is Joe, I'm the Ideas Forum Manager. I've been in contact with the HubSpot product team about this Idea, and I wanted to provide a quick update.

We appreciate all the feedback you’ve shared here to help our team evaluate this feature request. However, at this time, this functionality is not something our team is planning to build into HubSpot. This is certainly subject to change in the future, so feel free to leave feedback if you'd like. We'll update this thread if our plans change.

Best,
Joe
Ideas Forum Manager

MichalHertzmann
Member | Partner

I agress. If we want to delight costumers, we must be able to improve on the go. If an article is unhelpful and they just leave an email, we lose the feedback when it's fresh in their mind.