Allow Specific Feedback on Knowledge Base Articles

Herschel

Present visitors who mark a Knowledge Base article as unhelpful with a form to submit specific feedback as to why the article was not helpful. This would allow us to actually address the issues that visitors are experiencing.

Idealy with the feedback form would allow for the option for both multiselect choices of common issues and open text fields for more specific feedback.

Would be great to be able to see this feedback data from the Knowledge Base Insights dashboard.

8 Replies
Herschel
Top Contributor

This idea is essentially the additional features requested but not yet implemented from this 'delivered' idea: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Allow-visitor-to-submit-feedback-on-Knowledge-Base-ar...

sbacookie
Contributor

Awesome idea. Is great for community driven companies. 

Status updated to: Not Currently Planned
JoeMayall
HubSpot Product Team

Hi HubSpot Community,

My name is Joe, I'm the Ideas Forum Manager. I've been in contact with the HubSpot product team about this Idea, and I wanted to provide a quick update.

We appreciate all the feedback you’ve shared here to help our team evaluate this feature request. However, at this time, this functionality is not something our team is planning to build into HubSpot. This is certainly subject to change in the future, so feel free to leave feedback if you'd like. We'll update this thread if our plans change.

Best,
Joe
Ideas Forum Manager

MichalHertzmann
Member | Partner

I agress. If we want to delight costumers, we must be able to improve on the go. If an article is unhelpful and they just leave an email, we lose the feedback when it's fresh in their mind. 

RobRAdcore
Member | Partner

Hey Joe

Thanks for the update,

Disappointing to hear that this functionality is not something in any plans present or future. I would have thought it was pretty simple and easy to implement. It's literally just a textbox. 

Expected a bit more HS. 

Rob Reynolds

CEdmunds

This feature is invaluable in knowing exactly why a user found the article unhelpful.  Also, HS at least has canned options available when you vote no and if it can be available on HS's articles, it should be available for our articles.  Like @RobRAdcore said "It's literally just a textbox" - not hard to implement at all.

kimbob
Participant

Why even collect an email address if we can't collect the feedback on the spot? This was a built-in feature of our last service ticketing system and without a comment box, the rating tool is pretty useless.  We do want to hear what we can improve on and what is missing from our articles. Please reconsider - we've already received complaints from our customers that they can't leave feedback on KB articles.

Also as it turns, out we can't really identify who left what feedback on the articles, so follow-up is also moot. This is how the support team recommended I find the contacts. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CgEEN6E7LySalwkuGTPybGXS-vJcqbbp/view?usp=sharing 

ottonomy

It would be lovely to be able to correlate the following data:

• Contact info of submitter (email)
  • Which page?
  • useful / not useful
  • Response to "What were you actually looking for instead of what you found on this page?"

If it were just the correlation of textual feedback with the page URL/ID for unuseful responses, that would be very valuable in helping us improve our knowledgebase.