HubSpot Ideas

lsahagian

Add Social Tools to Mobile App

I have talked to a few users about being able to access social publishing/scheduling tools while on the go.  This could incredibly useful for trade events, in order to centralise all of the social posts, and possibly launch campaigns on the go.

118 Replies
alexismbr

I agree with all of the others that said they used ALL OF THE ABOVE features before on the "old" app called "marketing" with the hubspot logo. When I go to login now, it won't let me in to use the app, even though the post said we should still be able to use the old app. 

I used it to monitor twitter responses, post to multiple channels at once, and sometimes schedule posts when I found something on social media and didn't want to file it away to post later. 

PLEASE think of how you've ruined our "on the go" statuses of being able to use your product. 😞 😞 : (

alexismbr

Does your IT team suggest we all download Hootsuite and use them? What are we supposed to do?

cp31
Participant

This feature was in the old app.  Not sure why it was taken out.  Please add it back in asap!

Thanks.

Craig

rpicard

I would like to echo the feedback above and was dumbfounded when I tried to post to our social accounts yesterday, finding that the updated app does not have this functionality! To be brutally honest, this is a "must have" and was the main feature that kept me on the app regularly. Why would the previous version of the app have had the social publishing functionality - which must have been incorporated based upon strong use cases - and the new one does not?

BeccaArmistead
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Dan and @Hassiegm

Can you please upvote and follow this idea - https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Allow-Social-Publishing-on-Mobile/idi-p/13023.  This idea has been suggested previously and the product team has commented on that thread.

Thanks!

Rebecca

Paula
Participant | Partner

Finding it very confusing and disappointing that the technology / function existed on a previous app (which we loved) but it wasn't made available on the new app before decommissioning the original app.  

eoswald
Participant

This is definitely needed. The Social media management side of HubSpot's tools are definitely lacking. Social media can only be scheduled in the future with a content calendar for certain types of posts. Being able to use social media while away from a computer is a big part of social media marketing. And the fallback to using the hubspot.com on mobile not even close to useful. so that pushes me to another tool and additional expenses.

The other thing that would make this even more useful is having the ability to manage users permissions with the social tools (like tools like Hootsuite and SproutSocial offer). I don't necessarily want every user to have carte blanche access to post via social or on every social channel that I have connected to HubSpot.

There is another post that touches on that (Social Media Post Approval Process or Workflow) but that should be taken into account on the mobile app too.

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

pheffernanvt
Member | Partner

Agree with Babel_Gem and lelparker -- the inability to view / schedule / use the HubSpot social media tools on mobile has been a major negative as we and many clients are active speakers and attendees at events, tradeshows and conferences.

We kept the old HubSpot apps on our iPhones and used that until it no longer worked, but now we are in the embarrassing position of having to set up and train HubSpot clients on how to use our Hootsuite Enterprise account for scheduling in advance of major events. They simply do not understand why they are paying all this money for a monthly HubSpot subscription that integrates everything else when they cannot use their phones at what is often their most important marketing event of the year.

Please, please fix this.

Hg1

I agree... bring back the social media mobile app!  We were very disappointed to see the social media mobile app was discontinued.  We used this quite a bit.  Social media posts happen more often on the go and on demand, in real time.  

We have been forced to relocate our social media marketing to other apps e.g., Hootsuite.  Which takes our users off the Hubspot platform and results in less user adoption and far less utility.  

kffrobins
Participant

The inability to schedule social media posts through the mobile app is really limiting and causing us to consider alternative platforms.

tamarahooks

It would be great if HubSpot accounts with the Wistia Integration could easily share Wistia videos via a mobile version of the HubSpot Social tool. Currently, Wistia has an iOS app for uploading videos directly to the Wistia platform, but there's only the option to share videos directly to the social platforms, like FB, TW and LI.  It would be awesome if the integration (via mobile device) allowed users to share video via a HubSpot social tool in real time!  The current HubSpot app is sorely lacking any social publishing capability. This is a hug miss! 

ThompsonCST

To re-iterate many of the views stated, this feature was a great part of the old app. Please bring it back, was really disappointing when it was removed.

aurelien

I was using the previous HubSpot app on almost a daily basis when it had social posting, and social posting was the main feature I was using. I've been using the new HubSpot probably once every other month since it was available. 

danfound
Participant

@BeccaArmistead, just clarifying that this isn't the same request. This is regarding the monitoring features.  Your link is only for publishing and scheduling. 

andrearosamille

Agree with everyone in this forum that the ONLY time I ever used the HubSpot app was for on-the-go social media postings and monitoring. The new app is completely worthless to me without the social media tools. Once I downloaded the app (at INBOUND, no less) and found out that it didn't include the social media tools, I pointed it out to people at the HubSpot booth who seemed to be as shocked as I was. I can't believe this issue hasn't been resolved yet! Marketers absolutely need this functionality in the app. The release of a new app should be progress forward, not three steps back. Please, please, please add the social media tool back to your app. 

stephanieclague
Contributor

I fully back this idea. It would be great if we could publish and schedule social media posts on the mobile app - is this in development? 

aalvarado
Contributor

I could use this, this Friday.  

Alysha_TW
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

This is soooo overdue. 

abtaggart

I have found one work around, which is awful:

Access the Social Inbox at app.hubspot.com from the phone. Use the non-mobile-first interface to create and schedule posts.

Ugh ugh ugh.

This needs to be rectified ASAP. Thanks.