HubSpot Ideas

lsahagian

Add Social Tools to Mobile App

I have talked to a few users about being able to access social publishing/scheduling tools while on the go.  This could incredibly useful for trade events, in order to centralise all of the social posts, and possibly launch campaigns on the go.

118 Comentarios
Giuseppe
Colaborador

I agree! In particular it would be extremely helpful to have an integration within the HubSpot mobile app so that any social message sent via mobile will be caught by HubSpot.

Estado actualizado a: Needs Detail
vishnu
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

This is something the team are evaluating so would love to get your thoughts on how you use Social with HubSpot. Do you use it to create content and post? Or are you using it for monitoring and tracking clicks, views etc?

lsahagian
HubSpot Employee

Hey Vishnu,

It would be great to be able to do everything currently available within the social publishing tool that is in the web app.  I had a conversation yesterday with a user that was actively at a tradeshow (with no computer) and realised she had scheduled all of her social posts related to the specific timing of the show in a different timezone.

So:

1) Access to edit the current publishing schedule

2) Ability to take photos/access camera roll to schedule or post immediately

3) Monitoring those posts/inbox

At least having gone through a Kickstarter those would be my top 3.

Giuseppe
Colaborador

Hey Vishnu,

I agree with @lsahagian and would add that it would be extremely useful if via the mobile app it could be possible to:

1. tweet and/or re-tweet;

2. share LinkedIn posts;

in a way that whatever is done via mobile app is then caught by the HS platform.

Basically, it would be great to use the mobile app to publish and not only to monitor marketing activities. 

Thanks a lot

Babel_Gem
Colaborador | Partner nivel Elite

Being able to schedule posts on the go would be a great benefit, particularly if you're at an event and want to take a photo and upload it directly to a tweet, LinkedIn or Facebook post.

The ability to monitor streams would also be useful. One example again, being if you were at an event and wanted to engage with relevant people (in a pre-defined list, perhaps).

Giuseppe
Colaborador

Fully agree with Babel_Gem. I think HS should develop such features. as of now (unless I am missing something) the mobile app is useful only for monitoring results.

danfound
Participante

There used to be a way to access Social Media from HubSpot on the iPhone, but now it's gone. I've confirmed that this was elimnated intentionally, which is odd.

Taking away functionality that you plan to put back in is a pretty negative customer experience. And having marketing and sales in one app, while good in theory, has very few practical use cases for most companies. So we lost something to gain little. 

Please bring back a social app for iPhone. (Android is great for marketers though!)

nmstmartin
Miembro

Adding a mobile function that would give us the capabilities of social media/publishing and social media monitoring and social media inbox would be so helpful for when we are live at events. 

CTGrev
Miembro

Having full mobile functionality for social media would be hugely beneficial for live tweeting from conferences and other live events. Being able to tweet/retweet and upload pictures from events would streamline the process and help get that social content out quickly and effectively. 

1adam12
Miembro

Would love to see this, as many of us go to tradeshows and conferences and it would be nice to be able to be in hubpsot and post! 

@lsahagian wrote:

I have talked to a few users about being able to access social publishing/scheduling tools while on the go.  This could incredibly useful for trade events, in order to centralise all of the social posts, and possibly launch campaigns on the go.

lelparker
Miembro

So I had been using the "old" Hubspot app and it had all the features above, immediate posting, schedule posts, monitor streams and scheduled posts. We make it a best practice to "live" tweet from our shows and it has been incredibly useful to manage it all through Hubspot to have it aligned with a campaign and tracked. We get some of our best social engagement around events, so adding this back in to the new app would be extremely useful. 

I was very disappointed when I downloaded the new app and saw all this functionality gone. 

AndyW
Participante
I was very disappointed when I downloaded the new app and saw all this functionality gone.

Me too.  We were disappointed not to find social publishing and sources reporting in the new all-in-one mobile app.  Hate to lose features when "upgrading" to a new version.

Hassiegm
Miembro

Any new thoughts on bringing back the social app on the iPhone for Hubspot? I am shocked it's not available - definitely need it.

kckingc
Miembro

The "old" hubspot app was much more functional on the social media front.  I used it on a daily basis to quickly publish something to social media that I saw while on the go and had it automatically tie into my campaigns.  It was really useful during events and shows.  Now I have to resort to Hootsuite, which is what we were using before we were on Hubspot. This is a step in the wrong direction.  

gabriel-nextiny
Guía | Partner nivel Diamond

We need social posting from the app to post on the go and be able to track everything. That was the best function.

G

ToddMorris
Miembro

I have an old version of the Hubspot MKT app and it allows for social publishing. It's brilliant! When we have teams traveling or at events, it makes so much sense to let them post from an event. We cant always send along a marketing person who has the proper credentials. I was saddended that it wasnt in the latest versions, but encouraged that you may add it back in. We've bought into the social publishing through the web, this is the next step in making us really Hubspot dependent. Which, for marketing and customer retention is a good thing. I hope you add the feature back in soon.

aurelien
Miembro

Same thing here, the publishing feature was my main usage of the iOS app. Reading reports can wait my return to the office. 

jhollis316
Miembro

Being able to publish via the mobile app is a must! I would ideally like to be able to easily follow a feed I'm watching for a trade show (for example the trade show hashtag) and have the ability to re-share those posts that I see. Also need to be able to schedule posts via mobile, attaching them to campaigns, etc just like we do on the online version. 

fbowman
Participante
I agree with lelparker. The social features in the old app did everything I needed--I received notifications and posted in real-time. We, too, used it to live tweet from trade shows. I'm disappointed that these features that worked and were actively used were abandoned in the process of creating the new app. As a marketer who doesn't call on customers, the new app in its current state is essentially useless to me.
Crocodilemarket
Participante | Partner

I would also like to suggest adding the function to allow the app to schdule social posts easy from 3rd party apps like Pocket (ie getpocket.com)