HubSpot Ideas

chereneetemadi

Allow Personalization Tokens to be Used as URLS in CTAs

It looks like adding a personalization token to a CTA URL is not currently possible in HubSpot, as the token will become URL-encoded when the CTA is created in the CTA tool, instead of populating with a contact's information (unlike a regular link that's created directly in the email editor).

83 Replies
Krahmer

Very suprised this has not been implement, this feature is table steaks. 

orkunturkey
Participant

HubSpot has been ignoring this request for way too long. I am actively trying to move my organization away from this cr** because of issues like these. 

CBN
Top Contributor

I completely understand you @orkunturkey This is also one of the MAJOR issues we have tried to HubSpot to work on. But still with no solution coming ... 

Again we feel completely ignored by HubSpot.

Why don't you all write on LinkedIn that we appreciate that HubSpot receives recognition for their diversity etc, but we would like to have a system that actually supports our business?

AMaclachlan9

Would really like to see this as a feature - it opens the doors to much better UE 

Ineshuergo1

** We need this!! For both CTA and also upon form submission. So when someone hits the submit button in a form, we need that to redirect to the unique LP to that <email address>. This is critical for our new Trial Sign up experience... 

GRöttgering
Participant

Five years! Five years since this topic was created. And yet we don't have it. Well done Hubspot.

MDammann

Hello dear Hubspot product team, your customer support team just redirected me to this post. Have you advanced on this feature? I see it has been demanded already some time ago. I think this feauture is very important for all of your customers who do B2B business, since in that sector there is no "one CTA fits all". Every offer is individual and needs an individual URL to offer pages, payment requests, checkout processes etc.

Best regards,

CBN
Top Contributor

You are 100% correct @MDammann but as you can see this very instrumental feature for modern marketing has not hit the feature list of HubSpot. To be honest I can only say that a modern marketeer should consider something else than HubSpot. 

Segafredo

Hi there, 

Newsletter send with credentials to a webstore to redeem voucher code for fair participation ... that's a bread and butter scenario in marketing. I'm dissapointed that I could do that with Constant Contact and not with Hubspot mailer. Frustrating thing is ... it is such a common place marketing task. Almost as if not having xyz axis in a CAD programme. 

Sry ... a bit aggravated momentarily 

Best regard 

Siggi 

CEvans28
Participant

This is low level functionality in a ton of other ESPs. Get it together, Hubspot.

jorritvginkel
Participant

Get this done pls

CBN
Top Contributor

Don't hold your breath for this one @jorritvginkel ... the original request is more than 5 years old and we are still waiting.

jorritvginkel
Participant

@ccbnhg I found a workaround. You can add a personalised token into your email, go into the settings and look at the webversion, get personalization token, and copy paste it into the link part of the button. Works like a charm. Only thing that doesn't work is the tracking of the amount of link clicks. 

KateGibbons
Participant

It's 2023 - this needs to be implemented.  @hubspot where's this on the roadmap? It's table stakes at this point.

CBN
Top Contributor

You are so right about that @KateGibbons - unfortunately we see this many areas of HubSpot. Lots of things which have been waiting for years to get implemented while we struggle with basic things like CTAs with personalization.

CodyBautista

Would love to be able to add personalization tokens to our links. Right now we have them pasted with personalization tokens directly in the email and they clicks aren't being tracked.

SamiLehmus

To be honest it was a big surprise that this is not possible. It feels like be back in 2010. I think you can do better with this one Hubspot (same story with the Salesforce task personalization)

tenille

Adding my vote to promote making this a priority.

GNoaro

This feature would be a game changer for us, and we need it ASAP!

AMaclachlan9

7 years and counting since this was requested. What shall we plan for the 10 year anniversary?