HubSpot Ideas

maddietabor

Allow Multiple Images for Instagram

While multiple images are allowed for Twitter and Facebook, only one is allowed for Instagram. All other social media scheduling platforms allow for multiple, can we get that capability in HubSpot as well?

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
September 12, 2023 02:11 PM

115 Replies
Jonno_Price
Guide | Platinum Partner

Would be great to have carousel posts on IG via Hubspot and commenting here to follow any updates. BUT - just for everyone who is blaming HubSpot for not releasing this feature it is worth mentioning that the limitation is on Instagram's API and not on HubSpot's side. Instagram API only allows single image posts - hopefully this will change and then HubSpot will be able to add the functionality.

csullivan6

Agreed! Although when I queried this with HubSpot they did say that the API issue was on Instagram's side, not theirs. Seems strange that other schedulers can get round it though. It's definitely a frustrating limitation.

evincent

https://later.com/blog/schedule-carousel-instagram

This feature is available with Later.  So I wonder why that company was able to allow that feature but HubSpot does not? Clearly not an issue with the API as I was told by support. Hopefully this feature is available soon. 🙂 
bbuxton
Participant

Carousels are critical on Instagram, so we need this capability!

jgday
Member | Elite Partner

Agreed on this. It doesn't make sense that I can schedule a Facebook post with more than one image, but I can't for Instagram. They're the same company, to boot, which tells me they probably have a similar API, right?

Now, I have to schedule these posts manually, which eats up time and is another thing to keep track of. 

HBennett
Contributor

65+ replies to this idea, ~260 upvotes, and over two years with no response.

This is a function that has been requested by many people over the years and is offered by your competitors. It seems that this request isn't being noticed or it isn't being taken seriously. The current social media meta encourages us to post multiple images to Instagram and being forced to do so manually is a huge waste of time and money.

What more can be done to make this sorely missing feature a priority for the Product Team?

tcxen
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Would love to see the ability to post carousels in the HubSpot Social tool.

cloudfox
Participant | Partner

It would indeed be a great feature.  This is down to the instagram API and not HubSpot implementation as mentioned previously.  

The other social media scheduling tools get round it by pinging you a notification at the scheduled time so you approve the post via the mobile app.  Until this is updated by Instagram Hubspot should develop the app for the same purpose. 

https://help.later.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042773894

RHaft

Hubspot, this idea was posted in 2019. How is there still no support for posting multiple images on IG or even stories? Please answer the prayers of the nearly 300 upvotes in here and implement this feature. 

TRibeiro

This is something we would like to have as well.

ADonahue14

Please update on progress.   This feature is by no means new to any platform, no updates from Hubspot in over 2 yrs on this popular feature is a mystery to me. 

DGreen0

I'm very disappointed as this is a basic feature that all scheduling apps have, this needs to be a No1 priority for the marketing side of things with HubSpot over 2 years of people requesting it and no reply by Hubspot. Upgrading by 800euros and I cant post two pictures on Instagram please send this to the head of changes, this is a joke

AJ2021
Participant

We really need to have this capability! We should not have to fight for it to get done or request it, it should just be a given. 

KeyWestScott
Key Advisor

Considering that this is now year 3 that this request has been here, with little communication.  I'd assume that it's not going to happen.

YvesFrateur
Participant

Bump for this topic!

VSalvo
Participant

Please get this done guys.. it's holding me back on switching from Loomly

ThanhLeThai

Upvoting this. We would also really like to have the option for uploading carousels for our scheduled Instagram posts

MConnolly9
Participant

Yes please!!! For this and not being able to schedule stories, I can't fully take advantage of hubspot social scheduling and reporting. 

MLarson-TWG

We need this as well.  It's really hard to make a carousel post with only 1 image.  Same thing with LinkedIn.

CSanchez2

This would be nice. I hope HubSpot can add this to their HubSpot Social for Instagram.