HubSpot Ideas

dharrison

Allow Hyperlink Styling or HTML Editing in Form GDPR Text Fields

When a form is embedded on a website via an Iframe, it is possible to change the colour of the GDPR text via the "Style & preview" tab. It should therefore also be possible to change the colour of the links within the text.

As an example use case, I have embedded a form with a GDPR consent checkbox on a website I manage. The form sits on a dark background, so I've styled the GDPR text to be white. This is great, except for the fact that the hyperlinks within the text use the default browser colours.

I would like to be able to change the colour of the links using a setting. Perhaps this would go below "GDPR description color" and be labelled "GDPR description links color". There may also need to be a setting for the hover/active/focus state of the links.

Alternatively, if we could edit the raw HTML of the GDPR text, it would be possible to somewhat change the colour of the links there using inline CSS.

Poor contrast on website due to lack of styling options.Poor contrast on website due to lack of styling options.Perhaps styling options could go here?Perhaps styling options could go here?

17 Replies
made2GROW_GmbH
Participant | Platinum Partner

Oh yes, I would like to see that too.

gauteremen
Member | Elite Partner

We are struggling with the same issue. Dark blue on black background never looks nice.

I hope you can add this functionallity 🙂

Marika
Contributor

We also would like this to be editable!  It should be an easy fix.

Erin9

Yes please please please we need this. We have dark brand colors and it's not an option to use the default blue hyperlink

lresende

Yes, this is veeeery important. Please, roll this out soon.

Phm
Participant

+ 1

Phm
Participant

+1

adeltombe

+1

TSJ
Participant

Yes, we have run into the same issue! Please add this feature to the form style editor you come so far with this new tool but left this one important thing out!

edit link color in embedded forms.png

AWilliams6

Adding to the conversation as we have the same issue with both the hyperlink and confirmation text being too dark to read/not editable. We looked into a workaround but a Javascript workaround would add a delay to load time and opens up to potential failed loads depending on connection speed so not ideal.

AWilliams6_0-1615200186301.png

AWilliams6_1-1615200208656.png

An update on whether these is on the backlog/roadmap for improvements would be great!

jperezbedmar
Participant

+1000, it's a pity this really useful and simple feature is not yet available

AZistler
Contributor

+1.

cdoi

+1

MAntonitsch

+1

Mpipkin

Having the ability to change hyperlink colors is crucial for user accessibility - we're currently wanting to do so on our cookie consent policy. Visially-impaired users are unable to see the contrast in colors. Please let us know when this will be implemented in the product!

marketingbysach
Participant

I will give this an upvote too. it is very important the privacy notice link stands out so having the link in purple on a purple background isn't acceptable. S

MAngjelkoski

To everyone who was asking this question, changing the link colors on your form is possible:

Go to 'Theme Settings' on your Landing Page, then click 'More Settings', then go to 'Typography', and scroll down to the 'Links' menu.

You're then able to choose the color of your link when it's static, and when it's being hovered on by your mouse.