HubSpot Ideas

trevordjones

Allow Filtering by Deactivated Users in the CRM

In trying to reassign company records associated with deactivated users in the CRM, I found that there was no way to filter by deactivated user name.  Adding this feature would make it much easier to perform administrative tasks.  Perhaps this should only be available to Sales Administrators?

18 Replies
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @trevordjones, thanks for posting! Your ideas are important to HubSpot, as well as to other customers whose needs might fit this feature request. Our Product Managers regularly review top voted ideas, and will put every effort into implementing ideas that will benefit the majority of HubSpot's user base and fit in with our product roadmap.

While it is indeed not possible to filter contacts by a "Deactivated user" value in your CRM, due to the fact that that contact property value is no longer recognized as valid once the user is removed from the system, I might have a workaround for you that could allow you to identify those users who have a HubSpot Owner that is no longer valid.

One way of doing this would be to export all of the contacts in your portal, making sure that the "HubSpot Owner" property is included in the export. Then, in the resulting file, sort the HubSpot Owner column alphabetically; this will allow you to easily identify contacts who have an "Unknown User" value for HubSpot Owner. You can then change these values to the owners you'd like, and re-import the file.

Let me know if this is helpful to your problem!

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

clioi
Top Contributor

Hi @trevordjones, you could also filter by 'contact owner - is none of' and select all users, this way you'll only see unassigned contacts and those assigned to a deactivated user!

karen_barth
Contributor

@clioi, your suggestion above does work but does have limitations.

1. If you have a lot of users on a team (we have 80 sales altogether and up to 10 per team), this gets tedious.

2. If you have contacts and companies that were never assigned a branch/team, then you miss some of them by filtering out other users.

Would love the ability to just filter by deactivated user and be done with it.

samglenn
Top Contributor

Agreed! While there is a work around, this is used so often that it would make more sense to just include that field. 

brewmjk

I would love to have this feature! Recently went through a layoff and have thousands of records that are now owned by deactivated users. 

ShayneT
Participant | Elite Partner

Not sure if this is a new feature, but I discovered that you can actually filter by deactivated users! Add a "Contact Owner" ​filter and when the ​drop-down​ appears to select the owner, check the box that says "Show inactive owners". 

trevordjones
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Hi @ShayneT - Yes!  I confirmed it just now.  Definitely a new featrue, thanks for pointing it out!

brewmjk

Yes but I have hundreds of inactive owners at this point and I want a checkbox that just says all deactivated owners selected instead of going through each one of these owners. 

NoelP

@ShayneT This was very helpful, thank you! 

Jon_Sasala
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Looks like the "Show Deactivated Users" option has been removed from task filtering again. I ended up sorting by Owner which put all deactivated users' tasks together in clumps, and cautiously deleted 100 tasks at a time until the open tasks were purged. 

Just sharing my experience.

lgorny

Is there any ETA on bringing this feature back? I really need it for my work.

PNavarrete
HubSpot Employee

My customer needs to see deactivaded users in their dashboards and they have to open each one of the reports to include them, which is time consuming. Dashboards filters should also come with this option. 

PNavarrete_0-1668096369923.png

alexluong1
Participant

+1

Can we just have a drop down option for "Select all deactiated users" in all of the owner fields? 

Marketing_Max

Bumpin this up, it's critical functionality

CAnderson87
Contributor

As an admin, I need to be able to filter by record owner, and select all deactivated users, so that I can proper reassign records to active users. 

Currently, when I "Show Deactivated Users" it still shows active user and just includes inactive users.  Then I have to scroll through hundreds of users and select one at a time.  If I could show only deactivated users, that would help. Or, if I could search for "deactivated" that could also help.  This is a real challenge to maintain record ownership after a user has become inactive. 

ACarlson80

We definitely need this as well. It would be nice to be able to reassign contact/company owners in workflows based off a trigger of the owner being a deactivated user. Overall being able to filter by deactivated user would be a HUGE help in workflows.

mandou13
Participant

Would be really helpful to be able to create workflows so that whenever a teammembers is deactived we can reallocate automatically all its leads etc..