HubSpot Ideas

ClemOaky

Allow File as Field Type in Deal Property

For the sake of proper Contract Management, I want to make sure that a Signed Contract is uploaded for each and every one of my (teams) deals. Currently, I can upload documents to deal, but can't filter on Deals without a file uploaded, and even if a file is uploaded, it might be an empty contract sent as attachment to my prospect.

What I need is a new Deal Property called "Signed Contract" and I need to be able to upload my signed contract documents (pdf) there. That way I can keep a great overview of which contract is missing and take the appropriate action.

Screenshot 2020-03-24 at 16.18.38.png

12 Replies
DAngeli

Waiting for it! 

ErikaJ
Participant | Diamond Partner

Would love this!

abbywillig
Participant

yes

maura1230

please!!

erlingeiksund
Member | Partner

Was just asking for this. Would be very helpful to onboard new clients as the dont use Hubspot Quotas. 

LPereira3
Participant

Hi everyone, don't forget to upvote and while you're at it upvote this idea since it's the same: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/File-Property-Type-for-all-objects/idi-p/313225

ilir-test
Contributor

I just asked about a similar issue, I cannot create a custom property in Deals with the field type: File. 

Would be really happy if HubSpot team added this!

SSchwager

Totally necessary - We use hubspot form for complaints and user regullary send images which need to be displayed in the deal (or atleast saved)

BByler101
Member | Elite Partner

This has since been implemented

ABeian
Participant

+1, this is very much needed!

Funny enough, today there is the option to create a File type property unde the Deals.

However, it seems that the only way to fill a File property is via a Form submission.

And the Deal properties are not supported in the HubSpot Forms.

All in all, I think the @hubspot team outdid itself on this one, releasing a virtually useless feature!

rwebb1
HubSpot Product Team

👋Hi all! I'm Rachel from the HubSpot Product team. It's been possible to create custom file properties for Deals for some time, so I'm going to close this out as Delivered. 

However, I wanted to provide a related update - 

We've delivered improvements to custom file properties in the CRM that are in beta as of today. These improvements will allow you to upload files to custom file properties, enabling use cases such as requiring files to be attached when a deal is created (for example). 

You can opt into the beta under Product Updates - "Improved file property experience in the CRM." Here's a quick demo of the functionality. 

Thanks for your feedback thus far! If you have feedback on this beta, please post them here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/File-field-type-should-function-independently-of-a-fo...

ABeian
Participant

Hey @rwebb1,

This is a great improvement! Thanks for the update!

I already enrolled our account in the beta and from a first look it seems to be just what we needed.

Now are able to condition deal stage progression on file upload, which is great!

I will be sure to share any feedback! Thanks again!