HubSpot Ideas

Jason_K_Nash

Allow Editing of contact and companies in table view

When you're in table view it would be really useful to be able to enter edit mode and be able to manually edit elements in the table, for example, wanting to edit telephone numbers on after another without needing to go into each contact or company records detail screen.

Some of my data was imported and so in the telephone number field have some email address for example. If I arranged the table view with Telphone number column next to the email column and could then be able to click into each property make a change or copy it and past it into the other without the need to open the company or contact record a HUGE productivity increase. 

6 Replies
tg52
Participant

Completely agree - this really slows down work with large numbers of records across  contacts / companies / deals / tickets.

Many people have already had this issue in one way or another e.g. https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Change-the-status-of-a-task-in-the-task-details-not-j...

This would represent a major UX improvement - please consider developing 🙂

Best,

Theo

JLeigh
Participant

Yes, so useful and should be easy for them to add 

FeliciaF

I would also love that feature, would save a huge amount of time!

AndrewWallace

This is such a handy feature that i have used in excel databases, sharepoint lists etc. I am desperately needing something like this here... 

Can a team member provide feedback on if this feature is to be included?

JFilbey

How is this not a feature already? Not having this drives my team back to using excel to update information

Anonymous
Not applicable

Was just making changes in Companies table view assuming that these would be reflected in the company records, BUT no! Quite frustrating and agree that this and other things (such as repeatly having to login) encourage team members stick with or return to Excel...