HubSpot Ideas

trisaratops

Allow Disabling or Customization of Chat Feature on Mobile Displays

Hi there HS Community,

It would be nice to have the ability to either disable the Chat (Messages) feature for mobile devices (while keeping it enabled for Desktop) or customize a different visual for mobile vs. desktop, as the default "bubble" is quite large in mobile now. This makes it hard to see the other content on the page unless the visitor hits the X, making it a very interruptive option for them in this view. Just adding a "show circle icon only in mobile" toggle would be perfect, if allowing for further customization would be too much trouble.

Thank you for considering,

Sara

Actualizaciones de HubSpot
January 22, 2019 11:08 AM

Hey @mkaur ! Apologies for the confusion here. This can be accomplished using our "small screen sizes" setting when configuring a targeted message. See https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/conversations/create-a-targeted-message > Create a targeted message > Message > Step 6.

January 21, 2019 04:13 AM

@mkaur thanks for your post. We have delievered on most of this request, but would love to understand if there is something else you would looking for?

thanks! 

Cassie

Re: Allow Disabling or Customization of Chat Feature on Mobile Displays - changed to: Delivered
November 28, 2018 10:12 AM

Hi all - we're very happy to announce that these options @cdewey22 outlined above are now live in your portals! This can be configured on a per targeted message basis, at the bottom of the Message portion of the edit screen, with the heading Small screen sizes

November 21, 2018 05:13 AM

Hi @specksie

Yes, with this release you will be able to hide chat for mobile devices and keep it on desktop. 

Thank you, 

Cassie

Re: Allow Disabling or Customization of Chat Feature on Mobile Displays - changed to: In Planning
November 20, 2018 03:35 AM

Thanks for submitting this idea! We are currently working on releasing a feature that will allow you to turn off the chat widget completely for certain messages OR just suppressing the welcome message in mobile but still having chat enabled. This should be ready end of November/early December. 

Separately, we are starting to work on optimizing the design for mobile chat widget to provide a better experience. This will be later in the year/early 2019. 

Thank you for your patience and I will update this as soon as this feature is released! 

22 Comentarios
mkaur
Participante

I had a chat with Hubspot support 10 days back on the same thing, they mentioned me, this feature does not exist and you can write on the community. Can you please share knowledge article or how to use this feature? Here is my ticket number- 2207057

hroberts
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Hey @mkaur ! Apologies for the confusion here. This can be accomplished using our "small screen sizes" setting when configuring a targeted message. See https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/conversations/create-a-targeted-message > Create a targeted message > Message > Step 6.