HubSpot Ideas

trisaratops

Allow Disabling or Customization of Chat Feature on Mobile Displays

Hi there HS Community,

It would be nice to have the ability to either disable the Chat (Messages) feature for mobile devices (while keeping it enabled for Desktop) or customize a different visual for mobile vs. desktop, as the default "bubble" is quite large in mobile now. This makes it hard to see the other content on the page unless the visitor hits the X, making it a very interruptive option for them in this view. Just adding a "show circle icon only in mobile" toggle would be perfect, if allowing for further customization would be too much trouble.

Thank you for considering,

Sara

22件のコメント
jjloic
メンバー

This is something I agree with as well. right now, the chat bubble appears on smartphones, and it our visitors don't really use the chat on their phone, therefore using important real estate. It would be great if we could decide what devices the chat bubble appear on

AnastasiaSG
メンバー

Also agree ! Having a chat on the smartphone is not very UX-friendly

EGirardet
メンバー

I also think that the chat function should be either removable or at least minimized. 

Marijke
参加者

Really need this, the popup message is too large for mobile devices, I would rather turn it off for mobile or just have the button. Support recommended me to check this forum to see if there is any Javascript that users recommend, but I could only find this topic. 

Long shot but here it is. Does anyone have a custom solution for this? I'm not much of a programmer.

smarcher18
投稿者

The pop-up fills the screen and is not very easy to interact with. Would be great if we could turn off Messages for small screens like lead flows.

shatton
参加者

I'm having the same problem. I've had complaints from website users.

jnolette
メンバー | Elite Partner

We have been faced with a similar issue. We have found the experience on mobile to be very poor on our website - and because I already have a mobile bar on our website, it makes the Bot impossible to X out. We have since hidden the bot on mobile, but would like to have the possibility to customize the Bot further. 

<script type="text/javascript" id="hs-script-loader" async defer src="//js.hs-scripts.com/HUBSPOTID.js"></script>
<style>
@media only screen and (max-width: 400px) {
div#hubspot-messages-iframe-container{
display:none!important;
}
}
</style>

Toni2
メンバー

Our SEO team has recommended that we disabe Chat on Mobile devices because Google is ranking sites based on how site looks on mobile vs how it looks on a desktop.  

specksie
投稿者

We also need this! 

folked
トップ投稿者

We need this, too. The Live Chat feature is useless for us, if we cannot disable it on mobile devices, as it overlaps with a standard contact button we have on all our websites. 

asalmen
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Hi smarcher18,

Thank you for submitting your idea. I just wanted to inform you that we already had a similar idea submitted previously and I would encourage you to vote and leave a comment here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Allow-Disabling-or-Customization-of-Chat-Feature-on-M...

You can also find a workaround from other HubSpot users to disable the chat widget on smaller screens.

Falk
メンバー

Same problem. This should be a general feature.

The posted CSS workaround works, thanks a lot jnolette!

markjnor
参加者

To disable the chatbot on mobile would be a great feature to have.  Upvoted!

ステータスに更新: In Planning
cdewey22
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Thanks for submitting this idea! We are currently working on releasing a feature that will allow you to turn off the chat widget completely for certain messages OR just suppressing the welcome message in mobile but still having chat enabled. This should be ready end of November/early December. 

Separately, we are starting to work on optimizing the design for mobile chat widget to provide a better experience. This will be later in the year/early 2019. 

Thank you for your patience and I will update this as soon as this feature is released! 

specksie
投稿者

Hi @cdewey22, thank you. Just to make it sure: Will it be possible to hide the chat for mobile devices with this release? 

Thank you,

cdewey22
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Hi @specksie

Yes, with this release you will be able to hide chat for mobile devices and keep it on desktop. 

Thank you, 

Cassie

specksie
投稿者

great!

ステータスに更新: Delivered
hroberts
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Hi all - we're very happy to announce that these options @cdewey22 outlined above are now live in your portals! This can be configured on a per targeted message basis, at the bottom of the Message portion of the edit screen, with the heading Small screen sizes

mkaur
参加者

I really wanna have this feature

cdewey22
HubSpot製品開発チーム

@mkaur thanks for your post. We have delievered on most of this request, but would love to understand if there is something else you would looking for?

thanks! 

Cassie