HubSpot Ideas

rlynn90

Allow Dashboard Filters to Override Custom Reports

We need to have the functionality for custom reports to be overriden by the dashboard-wide filtering settings. For example, we have many reports that were built using the custom report builder (with filtering set for "contact owner is any of Me" that our sales manager would like to filter by Owner across the whole dashboard to view results by contact owner, but cannot as the dashboard filters cannot override custom reports per the attached support article. 

rlynn90_0-1629482547343.png

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/dashboards/customize-your-dashboards

I'm confident that many others would benefit from having this capability as well, especially since non-custom reports can be easily filtered across the entire dashboard by Owner. 

HubSpot Updates
July 18, 2022 06:50 AM

Hello!

My name is Shanker Sahai, I am the Product Manager for the Report Management Team here at HubSpot.

Thank you for all your comment regarding filters and we have heard that dashboard filters is a pain point from customers, we are currently working on a solution and will have a beta solution this quarter, with the goal to have it fully released to all customers by the 4th quarter.

We appreciate your patience and please email me with any additional questions.

Thank you
Shanker

8 Replies
JDuong

Definitely agree that this is a much needed functionality for reports. This heavily reduces the flexibility of reporting capabilities for custom reports forcing work arounds such as cloning dashboards and manually adding filters. These cloned dashboards can then become out dated quickly if time or other parameters are being used.

GKarl

I would completely agree about the reports and functionality for custom reports to be overriden by the dashboard-wide filtering settings.  This would simplify the process.

Robertsantos
Participant

Definitely agree that this is a much needed functionality for reports.

amywill01
Contributor

Yes, please! It's pointless to have the filter if half of my reports won't work for it. 

SSahai2
HubSpot Product Team

Hello!

My name is Shanker Sahai, I am the Product Manager for the Report Management Team here at HubSpot.

Thank you for all your comment regarding filters and we have heard that dashboard filters is a pain point from customers, we are currently working on a solution and will have a beta solution this quarter, with the goal to have it fully released to all customers by the 4th quarter.

We appreciate your patience and please email me with any additional questions.

Thank you
Shanker

Robertsantos
Participant

when will it be implemented? this is very important @SSahai2 

WMacDonald

Good afternoon @SSahai2 , Just piggy backing off of OP's post. It would be great if we would be able to have a checkbox when customising a 'custom report' to allow for dashboard filter overrides or not. 

This would then provide us the ability to choose which reports we want to see updated through the dashboard filters. 

JLambán

Is it possible to try the beat of this functionality? This is a pain point for us, @SSahai2