HubSpot Ideas

cmccabe

Allow Customization of Preview Panel and Record Right Sidebar

I am implementing HubSpot Sales and CRM company-wide. We are starting with the most important features and rolling out 'nice-to-haves' as adoption increases. We are not using Tickets, Workflows, Memberships, or Playbooks at this time. Those features (and others_ automatically show in the preview and right sidebar (in a record). Seeing these features confuses our new users and makes the system seem overly complex and thus overwhelming. I would like the ability to limit content on preview and right sidebar panes similar to the ability already available in the left sidebar on records. This will greatly increase the usability of the system for new users. It is also a standard feature of several competitor systems. Thank you for considering my idea.

66 Replies
GEiselt
Contributor

+1 for this idea. Would love to also be able to add conditional team properties sidebars to this view.

GEiselt
Contributor

Bumping up this idea. We have users with different roles (e.g. project management vs. accounting) using the same object records. It would be incredible if we could customize their preview panes in some way, e.g.:

1. Add conditional sections to the preview pane based on certain property values and user roles (ideal)

2. Customize the "About" section of the record based on user role (less ideal but better than now)

ALiang

Yes it would be great to have a right sidebar customization, where we can reorder the preview cards via settings. I would like to decide what order they show up (deals, attachments, workflows, etc) thanks

MHusøy

Being able to remove all irrelevant features (playbooks, tickets etc..) will really improve the entire user experience for all our 400 employees. I think the functionality to reorder them is a step in the right direction, but removing them completly on a account-based level is highly needed! All these irrelevant features currently makes the system overwhelming for our users.

MMuzard
Hello ! I'm using the Ticket tool, in which I created several different sections to classify the ticket properties. When in the overall table display of all the tickets, I would like to modify the quick preview. As for now I can only see the standard proprieties section "About this ticket" (as well as the Contact section, Company section, etc). I would like to modify this quick preview/Preview sidebar in order to not only see the standard proprieties section "About this ticket", but also see some more properties sections that I created. For now I can only see these other sections by entering the ticket. Thank you !
LRosenbloom
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Everyone, 

Thank you all for the feedback here! I am excited to announce that we will be opening up a small beta later this month which enables you to customize your right sidebar. If you are interested in participating in the beta, please fill out this form so we can get in touch. 

Thanks!

Lily

PBerg

@LRosenbloom is that the right sidebar containing association information that appears on the contact page or the preview panel fixed to the right hand side of a list page that appears when you click the "preview" button on a given record? 

GEiselt
Contributor

Hi @LRosenbloom! Any updates on how this beta went? Still very, very eager to have access to this functionality across OOTB and custom objects!

LRosenbloom
HubSpot Product Team

@GEiselt We're now in public beta, so anyone is welcome to sign up via their account manager. The functionality is supported on custom objects, although I am not sure what you mean by OOTB? 

GEiselt
Contributor

@LRosenbloom Thanks! OOTB = "out of the box" 🙂

polle
Contributor

@LRosenbloom I signed up for the beta, it seems like only the inside-the-record right panel customization option is available and it is not yet possible to customize the Preview panel. Is that correct? Will Preview panel customization be released at a later stage?

LRosenbloom
HubSpot Product Team

@polle Right sidebar customization is now available to all customers on professional+ plans. The preview panel is not included in this project, but is something our teams are thinking about for the future. 

GEiselt
Contributor

@LRosenbloom Thanks for the update! Please let us know where we can go to upvote editable preview panes as that is really what will help our team cut down on clicks and page loading times.

jvanommering
Participant

Make this happen!

JulienO
Participant

That would be great and logical... since I reorganized my sections in the left panel (instead of having all properties in bulk in the "about this deal" section), I lost all those properties in the preview panel that does not include my sections 😞

lu8

Editing the Preview section from the Deal Pipline would be a huge help for our team! 

Shay_B
Contributor

Another upvote for being able to customize the preview pane from the board view. I'd like my team to be able to tap into the conversations from there without having to first click to enter the individual ticket record.

PTehrani

This is a must have!

ONicholson4

@LRosenbloom, is there an update on if/when it will be possible to edit the Preview right sidebar that appears when you click on the white space of a card in deal board view?  It is so much easier to edit this during sales meetings instead  of clicking into each one but right now there's load of information not relevant for how we are using Hubspot and other properties that I can't get to appear.

Gryzzly_io

I really like that we can customize all the objects and their sidebars and all. 
Even better to adapt what people see whether they are in one team or the other.

But what would make it useful is to be able to customize preview panels which are the one we use the most to work quickly.
Say I'm working on a contact, I almost systematically need to check info or change properties on its company and its deal.
It's always vital to work as quick and as easy as possible.

The preview panel customization is really not a small or random nice to have feature.
You guys should really prioritize this following the larger customization sidebar update.
Maybe dissociate those upvotes from the sidebar post and keep us posted.
Thanks !