HubSpot Ideas

cmccabe

Allow Customization of Preview Panel and Record Right Sidebar

I am implementing HubSpot Sales and CRM company-wide. We are starting with the most important features and rolling out 'nice-to-haves' as adoption increases. We are not using Tickets, Workflows, Memberships, or Playbooks at this time. Those features (and others_ automatically show in the preview and right sidebar (in a record). Seeing these features confuses our new users and makes the system seem overly complex and thus overwhelming. I would like the ability to limit content on preview and right sidebar panes similar to the ability already available in the left sidebar on records. This will greatly increase the usability of the system for new users. It is also a standard feature of several competitor systems. Thank you for considering my idea.

65 Replies
BMAiforia

I have a similar request when looking at a deal in Hubspot, within the right-side panel viewer where contact, accounts, etc are shown. 

Under the contact where it has name, title, email, etc, I would like to be able to customize and bring in one extra field. 

coamyot
Participant

+1 

A must for our company as well to implement successfully. Showing the phone number of the company is irrelevant for us in the deal record view. I'd like to be able to switch for a more relevant property. 

Thanks,

Charles

vanessal

I just asked about this as well and really support it! We aren't using a lot of the capabilities (ie tickets) and so it makes it a bit busy looking for our team - who we are trying to keep super focused and streamlined on updating visible fields. Would be great to remove them.

rraven
Participant

100% agreed on all of this.

Similarly, Tickets show a TON of information that isn't applicable, and not even being able to reorder is a big issue.

This should be a simple change for big impact.

Erik1
Participant

Since Deal and Contact properties are different.  When one of our users is in deals and selects a PLAYBOOK they are frustrated because they can not enter the information in correctly becuase our PLAYBOOKs captures contact properties and not deal properties.

Two potential solutions:

1. Ability to change right side bar view

2. Ability to pick where a PLAYBOOK is displayed (Contact only, deal only or contact and deal. 

nicolehodiny

Hi there, I would love to see more customization ability in the right side preview section too. Specifically, it would be incredibly helpful to display Tasks and Notes whenever I preview a Contact record, Deal record, etc. Additionally, it'd be wonderful also to have Notes included in the preview section of the Gmail Sales extension! Thanks Hubspot for your time and for listening to our ideas/suggestions.

Josefine

We really need a quick overview of the latest notes. It is a must for salespeople to be effective. Ideally, we would like to see this in the deal card like the picture. It takes to much time for sales to go in on every company to see the latest activity. This is a must have!

Josefine_0-1605190821678.png

ChristianRieck
Contributor | Gold Partner

Hey, 

this functionality is absolutely necessary! As the objects in the right are getting more and more we need more flexibility here. 

E.g. we have Sales Enterprise customers with customer objects who do not user "Quotes" and "attribution" (which is MKT Enterprise function). They just do not need this. By choosing the objects to be shown here, we could make this part more intuitive, I think. 

Second, we should have the ability to choose the properties which are displayed per object on the right site. As we can do it for custom objects it should also be possible for contacts und campanies. 

For this issue there is an other idea which you might also upvote. 

Best,

Christian

ChristianRieck
Contributor | Gold Partner

Hi @Josefine 

have a look at this idea - probably thats what you looking for and you might upvote it. 

There is also a short survey about this topic in the forum... You might participate and share your ideas.

Best, 

Christian

JackTaylor
Participant

Being able to collapse the sidebars (companies,deals,tickets,etc.) would give me more space to work within contacts.  It's currently a hinderance.  Thanks!

Zwart

Especially the ability to add "Tasks" to the Contact Preview Panel.

Like everyone else, I'd like to remove the items that we don't use.

This idea is great!  It would save me a lot of time. 

DLoch

Yes I would like to have the preview sceen controled by me, the admin, so I can add other sections.  Not just the about section of each object.

DinDjarin
Participant
Agree @cmccabe  this is needed to help sales teams work more efficiently. For B2C sales a sales person works faster off a Contact list view and use the preview to update a key property fields than going into each Contact and update. Particularly important when dealing with high volume of leads to qualify.

After trying several different things based on roles or teams we found a solution, but it's manual. I describe it below in case it helps others. Happy to hear about better solutions!

The right hand-side Contact preview ticket consists of "About this Contact" section for the Contact and ability to associate other Objects. We want sales people to see only what is relevant to them, whereas back office may want to see something that is relevant to them. Sure it can be done on the left hand view by role/team but the Preview "About this Contact" view is fixed and 'account-wide'.

Ideally the scalable solution would be to have a a role-based About this Contact Preview or ability to add (in addition to the account-wide view) a customized 'sales' section above the Object associations as indicated by the red arrow on the attached screenshot. 

How we solved the issue was to minimize the number of property fields in the account wide "About this Contact" view and identify which sales specific Contact properties we would like the sales staff to view/edit. The we manually added add each field to each sales staff's "my view" (done by going into 'all properties' on a Contact and click Actions for each of the fields you want to add). That way the property fields for the personal view add added in addition to the accout-wide fields in the About this Contact and it carries over to the "About this Contact" Preview. 

Of course that will be a headache to manage if we change our minds and have to add/remove for each user from time to time, but that's ok until HS prrovides a solution for the Preview to be it to be centrally configured by team or role.

Custom Preview HS.png

JeffBantz
Contributor

As we continue to expand our use, we really need to be able to administer default behaviors.

1. Determine which Association Cards display in each Object Module.

2. Enforce our organization's default order of Association Cards

shaunnyMN

@JackTaylor

Completely Agree on the sidebar collapse.  I'm a techy and dont mind busy but this is busy with no helpful extra info for me.

SOLUTION:  I simply used the trustworthy browser add-on ublock Origin (Raymond is author) and it's lightning tool to select and zap the right sidebar content frame then did it again to zap the right sidebar frame entirely.  Zapping is temporary to just one session.  To make it permanent you use the uBlock Origin  eyedropper tool and click 'create' which will add an entry into the filter list for that subdomain.  So basically i think that it was not block the right sidebar in other views but only the contact one which i set it in bc the url domain is app.hubspot.com/contacts.

I suggest using the zapper a few times to get it right then use the picker.  Tutorials are good though so it's relatively easy to delete the entry is you use the picker and make a mistake.  

If your not sure if you need the info for a sec just click the toolbar add-on/extention red shield to turn it off and check.

Ooh!  With this disgusting climate we are in with no forgiveness and racists around every corner I'd like to submit that it is deleterious to the web as a whole and classist to not offer a Firefox add-on while actively developing a chrome one. ..😡

Chrome is the web engine for MS Edge & Safari and has a near monopoly on how ppl see the entire web.  Basically MS said screw it after Google was changing their websites like Youtube to confuse the IE/Edge render engine bc it was for a short time actually faster than chrome.  They do the same to Firefox with several google properties.  MS said can't beat them then join then.  Would hubspot cave if Salesforce tried to thwart their business and just say ooh well okay lets just is the salesforce backend and we will be the colors everyone sees.  Open & Accessible internet in the face of nation size monopolies needs the disciple of all the little guys. 

Also, FF is the sheet.  they block all the tracking and pw management is on point it's really productive and safe. 

Chrome is the big guy which is why it is attacked wayyyy more with malware extentions etc.

You can do it Hubspot.

BMueller

BMueller_0-1627669625907.png

richard88
HubSpot Employee

Would be amazing if we could implement this feature, quite a few customers would really like to change the sidebar on deal records and others! Thank you for reviewing this 🙂

LRosenbloom
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all - Lily here from the HubSpot CRM product team 👋

I am starting research on customizing the right sidebar, so if you'd like to chat more shoot me a DM and we can set up some time to connect! 

NadiraFant
Participant | Diamond Partner

This would be great for my client who isnt really using a lot of the functionality of Hubspot, ie, line items, quotes, revenue attributes, etc. They love the preview panel that pops up on the righthand side of a record but they want to have information that's more useful to them and they would like to be add sections from the deal object particularly.

MarkRobson

This would be a really useful option for us... especially being able to edit the Preview sidebar while in the Board view.